What can I do to reduce the echo my setup produces?

EDIT Please excuse the lack of cable management, the setup isn’t permanent so I haven’t bothered.

This is my set up, and unfortunately my speakers are pointing directly at a wall 1 meter in front of them so it produces an echo or reverb, (I’m not knowledgeable on the subject enough yet to know the exact term) I cant change where the desk or speakers are unfortunately.
The size of the room is 21.5ft long and 11.3ft wide, or about 6.5m x 3.5m. As you can see in the photos, my set up is in a corner.

I’d like to reduce this effect as much as possible, the only solution I’ve come up with is making acoustic sound dampening panels, preferably those which absorb sound instead of just diffusing it, but before I invest my time and effort, I thought it would be a good idea to ask here;

Is there a better solution than this?

If this IS my only option, is there a specific design of acoustic panel that I should aim for?
The design I had in mind was opposing triangular shaped panels, with a wooden frame and insulating material inside.

Yup. That’s exactly what you need. As for options, it depends on your budget. Plenty of Youtube videos on DIY solutions. There are also also a few vids floating out there where various materials are measured for performance but I don’t remember any specifics. Air is a very good insulator - leave an inch (or more if possible) between the absorption material and the wall.

1 Like

you got the right Idea sound dampening foams on the wall behind you and even beside you will help. since it’s a nearfield setup It should be all you need. and if you really wanted to you can have some sound dampening panels hang from the ceiling. and out of curiousity were you thinking of making these?

Heavy stage curtains do wonders when hung with some distance (~10cm / 4 inch) from the wall.

Thats exactly what I was gonna follow, I love this guy he makes some super informative videos

This might be a good solution since there is nothing to less space and back wall is right there.

It could be bigger sized and shaped panel as well. To cover more, just more material and larger frame.
Also for design view. You can get a print image on the top fabric, making a nice photo or photos of something you like. Movies, guns, music, games related or anything.

It will still be thigh fit. If also leaving the air trap behind the panel and panel on top of that.
Chair starts to be very very close.

1 Like

That is a great idea! thank you for that, I’m seriously starting to reconsider the design im going for.

1 Like

No problem.
Printed panels looks much better IMO than just clean color and gives it more personal touch as well. There is or was at least one company i know in Nordic countries that made a custom print right to a properly tested and certified acoustic panels.

Sound of Science. https://www.sofsci.com/
They at least had a webstore but seems like they work with retailers now days?
They of course are way more pricy than DIY + custom print fabric. DIY fabric also gives options to change the image, from time to time. Just taking it as option with the DIY frame design and you are set.

But the acoustic panels with factory made prints and acoustic panel quality are very very good.
Works of course with the sound absorption, what it is made for.
From my back wall, Sound of Science panel.
Was planning to make the next ones i need in DIY project.