What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Weight: 1.5 kg add in an Audeze HP and you’ll need desktop RSJ’s lol

My Phantoms needed so many mods I made a Frankenstein stand for them :smile:

9 Likes

think I saw this a few times - won’t never bore me

1 Like

:+1:
I’m looking for a pun concerning carpentry…Do you know one that woodwork?

3 Likes

Oh! You Stihl got it!

5 Likes

Lindy USB 2.0 A to B cable - replaces semi-working one, as in “some random cable I found in a drawer”
Shure HPEAC1540 - Modding my T50RP, FUCK they are awesome! Glass wearers delight!
AKG Foam Pieces K-270/K-271 - Modding the T50RPs, see further below for why these are awesome
Neutrik NTP3 RC-B - the small angled one
Neutrik NP3 X-B - The parially assembled connector
Hicon HI-J35S02 - the dynamic black duo there
Thomann 6.3 to 3.5mm adapters - the golden twins

But wait! There is more!

Sommer Cable SC Stage 22 Highflex - The red 4 meters
Cordial CMK 222 Flex - The black 4 meters
Parts of either will be turned into a headphone cable. Orderd both as they were about 1€ per meter
Cordial CFU 3 PC - RCA to 6.3mm, the one in the top right

Another one:

But wait! There is…
No, actually just one image explaining why the AKG foam bits are amazing.
So, in the T50RP’s, there is that cutout where the hollow foam piece sits, right? What if, you remove that and lay a closed one, with a dense foam layer on it, in there?

Put non-stock pads on and you are done!

Important note
The way Hicon does their solder-points, it is a difficult pain in the ass to work with. For experienced soldering-iron wielders they are workable, for beginners, get a Neutrik plug instead.

10 Likes

Just bought tickets to see Korn and Faith No More live here in Cleveland in September. Super excited, especially since Mike Patton is back with Faith No More. I just wish that Big Jim Martin was back playing guitar with them.

8 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m a Mike Patton fan as well.

I actually shared a link to some old recording of a Tomahawk show at Amoeba Hollywood.

Good times.

Link for fun:

3 Likes

I saw Mike Patton with Mr. Bungle back in college. Awesome…but Faith No More is a different level of awesome. I hope they play a lot of songs from their albums Angel Dust, The Real Thing and Album of the Year. That is the Holy Trinity of their albums IMO.

2 Likes

Agreed. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Simple Minds real life tour

Kindergarten, Last Cup of Sorrow, Falling to Pieces and The Morning After being my favorite tracks by them.

This may be musical blasphemy, but my favorite FNM song is their cover of War Pigs.

3 Likes

That’s a tough call man…but the fact I have to think about it speaks for itself.

Was there, was very wet, was awesome :+1:

3 Likes

sweet!

10 character

Do you have a link to the AKG foam pieces?
Me, I’ve done that:
(Cut down and front. This is the right driver.)

They’re my “daily driver” since then. :heart:

1 Like

those upper right hand holes are still covered. ever think of cutting those too?

Got the invite for Amazon Frames. Ordered them!

3 Likes

Hoping I’ve found my Blon upgrade!

12 Likes