What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Thing has a wild coiled cable. Seems nice enough.

Yeah the Pro (red/black) come with 2 cables that terminate in 1/4" straight and pig tail cables. The regular Clear (gray) come with 2: a 1/4" and XLR.

1 Like

Man, I Really love that red! :+1:

The budget chifi on the move setup is finally together.

Moondrop Starfield and Shanling Q1

@Hazi59 Iā€™m still torn between the comply and the spinfit tips. Will use these for a while though, and thanks for the recommendation!

13 Likes

Yeah, 1/4ā€ is pretty standard for ā€˜proā€™ amps.

The coiled cable is nice, however. Especially compared to Focalā€™s consumer cables (everything else they ship).

Enjoy your new Clears :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Brainwavz perforated pads finally came in!

9 Likes

Busted out camera lol

New carbon fiber replacement with the custom leather strap on it from Understated Montreal.

17 Likes

I wasnā€™t crazy about the Audeze I tried at a local shop for 10 minutes or so, but after this picture Iā€™m starting to rethink that, this looks really sick!

2 Likes

Ordered two of theseā€¦ Still thinking about what amp to go withā€¦

5 Likes

Wow that looks like a nice deal for that quality of cable

1 Like

itā€™s about time

20 Likes

Purchased a liquid platinum to go with Asgard 3 and enog 2. I do need some xlr cables and not sure which ones to buy. I need at least 3 feet. Any help would be awesome! Thanks

11 Likes

Eh, I dont know if you would get much difference beyond making sure you get some good quality ones (not necessarily expensive)
Amazon Basics are usually pretty alright

If you feel the need to pick up some colored cables on the cheap with good reviews:

Feel the need for OFC with a known good brand of connectors?
2 Likes

wow man, you are on a roll. Let us know what you think of all your new stuff

1 Like

I use theseā€¦

SEISMIC AUDIO - SAXLX-3-2 Pack of 3ā€™ XLR Male to XLR Female Patch Cables - Balanced - 3 Foot Patch Cord - Blue and Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017C14HTY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Y984EbXA85K29

2 Likes

The ā€œwild coiled cableā€ is the one totally acceptable stock Focal cable. I havenā€™t bothered to replace mine / go balanced for my Pros.

Monoprice has a couple decent models for very cheap, in whatever length you need. I have a box full of those for my loudspeaker setup so that everything has the same style cable (OCD), and I always have the right length if / when stuff moves a little. Got a few extra short ones for headamp stuff.

2 Likes

Liked the Porta Pros so much I had to get the LE gold ones. :sunglasses::

22 Likes

I just checked I ordered this at the end of January, always expected it to take a few of months to ship, but the coronovirus meant he couldnā€™t get the custom transformers wound, then there were issues with getting the amps shipped, so total wait time about 5 and a half months

Detailed impressions when Iā€™ve had longer to listen to it.

Initial impressions, Itā€™s very good, I donā€™t think anything at the price point can compete with it, if it wasnā€™t now effectively made of unobtanium Iā€™d recommend it even without more time to listen. He did have a few left from this batch a couple of weeks ago, you have to message him over on SBAF to see if he still has any.

15 Likes

I like the logo on that tube amp, itā€™s cute!

And optional, though why anyone would choose to omit it is beyond me.

2 Likes