What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Legend as always

5 Likes

Thanks, Zach…I have had enough of rumors and mis/disinformation about a LOT of things. I say go to the source to get it right…what a rare treat when the source comes to us to clear things up! PS the Auteurs are on my “someday” list.
Best regards,

Tlm

6 Likes

Everything will be alright! I spoke to Bevin yesterday evening and she explained they have a plan and multiple options laid out for anyone who was a double purchaser. As stated above.
They’ll take care of us and it’ll be OK. I understand some are frustrated but everything happens for a reason and we’ll all be happy in the end. Maybe we’ll find a set we like more. I’m sure if someone isn’t satisfied they’ll gladly refund your money and allow someone else to take the offered stabilized set(s).
I’m personally a double purchaser and I’m at least glad I have options. Other people/companies would have said “Gotta be faster next time. Sorry we had technical difficulties” and moved on without a resolution to the customers that lost out. But again, they are at least working with us.
I even had a laugh at my own expense/misery yesterday multiple times lol. It’ll be OK guys! We just have to keep our composure!

:laughing:Seriously, it’ll be OK! It’s not the end of the world.

5 Likes

Thanks! And yes I want to reiterate - in short - double purchasers can either get their pick of the litter before anyone else sees the next round of sets or until they get a set they like (in subsequent rounds of builds) , or a full refund at ANY time. This has hopefully been communicated clearly in our direct emails as well. If anyone who got caught up in this unfortunate situation is confused at all please email us directly, we are plugged in to this situation making sure it turns out great for everyone!

13 Likes

Holy cow thay look awesome!!!
Congrats you are now officially the envy of this entire fora :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

3 Likes

That is one big MF of a screen :laughing:
I have looked at it myself several times, but I just don’t have the space for it. Good choice!

3 Likes

Nice. Did you post pics of the desk build? I’m going to build one sooner than later.

After some exchanges with @zach915m and @BooUrns I now feel confident that they are indeed doing their best to work with those that unfortunately were sold items that weren’t available. I’ve also been assured that they will provide future accommodations where they were lacking (cryptic, but it’s a good thing).

Apologies to Zach and Bevin. They are indeed good people doing their best!

Also, I have not been coerced in any way to provide these statements. I made a mistake and am doing my best to right that.

One last thing, if anyone proclaims to be a “ZMF Insider”, know that they are LIARS!, regardless if they‘ve appeared in public with Zach and Bevin, no such role exists.

13 Likes

I have limited pics of the process but this is what I started with

8ft unfinished Birch butcher block

28 Likes

Ok cool! Very nice! You pick it up at a local hardware store? Counter top?

Yes it was $180 at the home depot, a bunch of sanding and staining later and I have a very nice desk that would cost arm and a leg. With all materials plus the two ikea Alex units probavly almost $500 total investment.

1 Like

Too cool man! Did the riser thing like I’ve seen some others do. Very nice, very nice.
How deep is the desk? 25"?

Yeah just right at 2ft

1 Like

8ft! thats dope, nice job

2 Likes

Ok cool. I built a shelf for my wife in our laundry room with two 6’, 2x8s ripped down a little for tight seams. I’ll probably build a desk similar. I want it to be at least 30" deep. May do a larger monitor soon and want the extra depth.
Those 48" lg oleds look cool as a monitor. Lol

10 Likes

I’ve come to really, really like the Worlds Best Cables you can get from Amazon. I have some RCA ones with Amphenol connectors and Mogami wire. Also have some XLRs that are the same connectors and wire on the way for my Geshelli stack that’s coming.

3 Likes

Me too…recently got their canare for my dac to amp. Very nice.

2 Likes

Is that “better” or just "different? Legit curious cause I generally don’t care about cables I just want nice ones that look good and are built well.

I have not compared them to the W B other cables. Supposedly Japanese and more flexible, which they are. Also have really nice connectors, as you have probably seen.

1 Like

Cool! Once the plasterer has finished repairing my ceiling I’ll be looking to relocate my home office, and a wooden desk surface to replace the current glass surface[0]. But 2.4m? I should be so lucky - 1.75m is about the widest I can fit in although it’s partially my fault as it’ll be at 90° to the wall so I can get behind the desk to fix cables. Crawling underneath desks gets real tedious when you’re over 50 and a fat bastard.

And with room behind the desk, I can put speakers on speaker stands leaving room for some really big monitors.

0: Glass desks look cool in the brochure but suck in real life (you’ll be cleaning them constantly) and suck-double hard if you have huge numbers of cables - there’s no hiding the cable tangle.

4 Likes