What did you buy today? (Part 2)

a few weeks ago, my parents got me lasik eye surgery for my birthday, and i have to say…

all of the pads that i’ve bought for my tygrs feel significantly better, and it’s all because i dont have that pressure point from wearing glasses. as a bonus, all the pads sound “fuller”, and I think this is because the pads have a complete seal on my ears. all in all the Fenestrated Sheepskin is now well-worth it’s money, now that i can wear it for more than 15 minutes.

i decided to get some pads for my 6XX that’s been tucked away in it’s box, and also got it a headband (both Dekoni), and goodness gracious, this thing feels sooooooooooooooooo comfortable without my glasses adding pressure points.

pad review: Choice Suede + 6XX = super fun, but kinda muddy

here is the headband pad:

12 Likes

All part of the experience, brother :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It takes a special kind of store to have a lower price on Spinfits than most, and bundle in a free cable and set of 5 grill pairs.

With Penon I can also be fairly confident that their “free shipping” on this low value order will be at least twice as fast as buying from Aliexpress.

Spinfits generally aren’t my jam. But the small size, tapered end, and fit for wide nozzles might allow some gloriously comfortable deep insertion of some stubborn ones. I won’t think for too long about how that sounds out of context.

I was very tempted to get the free PAC earbuds by buying a cheap cable, but it adds too much to the total when I could put the money towards some Rikubuds soon.

2 Likes

Bought bunch of new items

Lg OLED c1. 55"
Woo WA5 LE
Woo WDS-1 DAC
WE300B new productions
Ordered tubes for the WA5 yesterday going try GZ33 and some Canadian 6SN7 military drivers.

The set is by the corner and decided to go with actuating arm mount.

16 Likes

Laurent Garnier’s book

3 Likes

Not even sure why I’m doing this, but something that harkens to the DM would be a good compliment to my usual sound and the green shells are gorgeous - reserved a Vernus with Dunu!

I got the email when on the school field about to lead a “Siimon Says” game. At that time it said “1 more in stock” and I knew I didn’t stand a chance. I punch in my details quickly, pretty stressed out that they didn’t have a PayPal checkout to speed things up. Their form only loads up to “address” first line on mobile, nothing further. Kids have come for the session of Simon Says so I lead that, then afterward I try the same checkout but in Chrome for mobile. Same issue, only loads up to “address”. I try the old “view desktop version” and it loads properly, I enter everything in, with more hiccups on the way, and finish check out.

Lo and behold, against the odds – I did manage to get the last one, even with what was an 8 minute or so checkout? It’s not like the held it for me in cart, I would have different cookies from swapping browser I’d think.

Beautiful looking IEMs. We’ll see if I use a pair with complementary tunings, or find myself still just gravitating to one sound in the end. If it’s anything like the DM or the Lotoo I let go of, I think it’ll be worth the keeping.

2 Likes

@rattlingblanketwoman Lucky! I missed out on it. Was trapped in a work meeting that ended up being useless. If it ends up not suiting you after time and you consider selling I’d love to buy it from you slightly above asking seeing it’s so limited. Also, still tremendously enjoying the Hekili thanks for the sale on it.

3 Likes

I got Chu man!

7 Likes

Let’s see how much noise this makes. Hoping not too much more, just a nice lower tone. Will be installing tomorrow along with new upper control arms and U-Joints.

4 Likes

Can’t help it, had to get a set of these tips for my other IEMs, particularly for my T3 Plus for it goes along well with it in terms of confort, fit and sound adjustments to my preference, a match made in heaven in my opinion.

More to come soon though, for I ordered a bunch of stuff due to my curiosity or I just want to get it since it’s already available, up for grabs.

6 Likes

Anyone know if Linsoul, Shenzhen audio, Hifigo etc orders are delayed because of Covid lock downs in China?

I just don’t wana place an order this week and wait months on end.

1 Like

Good question! Last Friday I ordered the Tin P1 Max from Linsoul and wonder how long it will take to receive them. CCP seems to be locking mkre and more folks down over there.

1 Like

Hmmm same question as well, for it’s kind of weird to see the Xinhs cable that I ordered is not being packed and shipped immediately, for they are usually fast when it comes to shipping orders to my country, and this is actually a first for me seeing them not moving that fast.

It’s probably from the lockdowns or any other bullshit rules being implemented by the CCP. I feel sorry for the people who are sick of their shit, just wanted to do their businesses and yet, they cannot do anything about it.

2 Likes

I ordered some tin t3 plus from Linsoul, it took 1 month to arrive but everything went well

2 Likes

Hope you are enjoying your pair of T3 Plus. IMO, that IEM is Tin’s redemption IEM much better than their mainline IEMs lately, for to they have been lackluster release and not exactly to write home about, except for their past releases such as the T2, T4, P1 and T2 Plus.

They need to improve upon that one as a new starting point for their upcoming IEMs.

1 Like

Hello, it’s me again. Ever since I got that headband for the 6XX, I just had to buy Dekoni’s headband for Beyers.

While it doesn’t have as much padding as the OEM headband for the TYGRs, it is able to cover more surface area of my head shape. If you go off-roading, it’s like deflating your tires just a little bit for extra grip. Also, when I stack a ZMF strap (the one I have is meant for the T50RPs), it feels a lot like I’m wearing a suspension strap.

7 Likes

First Impressions:

10 Likes

These items have arrived today and earlier than the expected delivery dates. I love the Chu’s packaging and I cannot wait to try these in my ears for a while and give my impression on it.

Also the controller, I know it looks like a knock-off or low quality, but surprisingly it’s actually pretty solid and close to the original DS4 controller.

6 Likes

My Drop Aeon X closed arrived today.
Ordered 17th april arrived 3rd may…not too bad given the reports of slow delivery.

4 Likes

My Topping A30 Pro arrived today.

4 Likes