What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Bought a new cable for Sennheiser gaming headset, Sennheiser GSA 506 cable.
Cable included originally… has turned itself into janky disaster… plus the inner shielding most likely is partly broken. Mic gives “talk” symbols even without talking.

The replacement even feels different and is more bendable not stiff. Almost fully straight cable out of bag. Go EPOS.
And it was like 13$ so i dont even feel robbed. lol

4 Likes

Got the refund for the RX 6700 XT, and paycheck hit, so… RTX 3070?

6 Likes

Got this one and they are OP and price is 30% down
https://aliexpress.com/e/_DnFt1LL
Very lucky to have one!

what happened with the 6700? Seller back out?
personally waiting for 7700 announcement

It was detailed in the Let’s Talk about Computers thread. The seller sold him a card in extremely bad condition without clearly stating it.

What I got had clearly been severely abused. Even on the BIOS I suspected wasn’t a mining BIOS, it crashed before I could work my way to to something like Furmark

Time for The Takeover:

Juzear 41T 1+4 $110 hybrid is live and in play

8 Likes

Thats a good price did you get that on sale somewhere?

Yeah, I bought it during the Ali E anniversary sale

1 Like

Ordered the S12 Pro for $121 shipped brand new.

3 Likes

Joined the high end Hifiman club.

17 Likes

Nice!

Looking forward to your impressions.
I modified the the Hifiman HE1000v2 thread to now include the v2 Stealth Edition too, if you’re interested in adding any thoughts there.

3 Likes

I’ll definitely put some thoughts down. I’ll be spending a solid day with them on Monday but right now they are probably the most fun and engaging planar I’ve ever heard.

3 Likes

Keep getting told I need to get my PC out of my chain, so that’s what I’m doing.

Just need to find a good LPS to go with it.

4 Likes

For anyone who owns the old school Hifiman headphones with the SMC connectors, my package with these two SMC to 3.5mm female adapters showed up at my hotel today after being forwarded from SoCal (gotta thank the shop that sells these for VERY quick shipping that I didn’t pay extra for :+1:). I immediately threw them on my OG HE400s and they’re perfect. They’re built well, are sonically transparent, and they’re a good length so they don’t bother me at all when using them in conjunction with one of my dual 3.5mm cables. I’m definitely ordering more for the rest of my SMC connector Hifiman sets.

I also have a pair that has male 2.5mm where the SMC connectors are on these so I can make the older 2.5mm Hifiman and other headphones work with my arsenal of dual 3.5mm cables. I’m looking forward to those working out just as well. Basically since some people showed interest in the adapters I just wanted to post a little update and I’ll put a link below to the SMC adpaters. This shop also does custom work (the 2.5mm adapters I ordered were a custom order though they now have them posted as an option in their AE shop as well. This store also has a bunch of harder to find headphone cables, they offer interconnects, and, as I said, will do custom stuff. The store name is “GAGACOCC Store” on AE and they sell on Amazon too, but have a much smaller item list on Amazon.

Link to adapters and store:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLnRLOU

2 Likes

Grand Seiko :snowflake:

5 Likes

Got mine today. Listening while at work. Case is nice, though a bit chonky. Cable is nice, though I kinda wish it was MMCX (I’ve personally had a better experience with MMCX then I have with 2-pin, but we’ll see how it goes)

5 Likes

Purple yaxi pads, installed on my clear KPH30i:

7 Likes

Technically got them yesterday, but there you go:

Softears Twilight
It’s still early and I’m feeling them out, but they are great at a minimum and I would wager that if your preferences & library work well with a warm, fairly neutral IEM then these could be your endgame single DD. I scooped them to have as a complement to the Storm and they are already filling that role admirably.

15 Likes

Juzear 41T, one of the recent/current ChiFi mini-hype trains.

It’s a pretty little thing, but is it any good? Stay tuned to find out :wink:

6 Likes