What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Got another WooAudio stand. I finally have a place for my Hemps and Elegias.

20 Likes

I’ve always shied away from these due to their cost but I finally said ‘eff it.

Static risk discussion in 3…2…1…

Seriously though, I’ve seen Jay and Kyle use these on their channels for years. As long the thing I’m dusting remains grounded and I ground myself as well, I think it should be reasonably safe.

10 Likes

I got one of those. It’s got quite good CFM for its size.

1 Like

ESD is always a thought, but more so in this instance is that you keep your fans from spinning out of control - assuming you are using it to clean your PC (anything with fans). I have used one of those exact same units for years, it works well. Although, I recommend when and where you can, that you take the item being cleaned to your garage or outside - as it will blow @#$% everywhere, lol.

2 Likes

I’ve had one for a little while… Still running strong.

7 Likes

There’s a thread for that…

https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/what-did-you-not-buy-today/

2 Likes

Even with just canned air I always stick my finger in the fans to prevent them from spinning. With this thing though, I’m thinking I’ll employ one of my favorite tools to keep the fans still so I can remain further back and have both hands free. That tool being wooden kabob skewers. Amazing how many uses a simple small wooden stick has.

4 Likes

"it’s a philosophy. It’s like John Ruskin said, ‘there is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper’. It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little.”

Good quote from this article I was reading on the creation of the Chord Mojo. I thought it might be appreciated here.

5 Likes

13 Likes

That was a great read. Thanks for sharing. It’s cool to hear the thoughts and philosophy of the creators. It made me even happier go be a Mojo owner. It really is a great piece of gear, even several years after it’s release.

Finally… not gonna miss the little black monolith

3 Likes

My hart audio cable finally arrived. I’m so glad I don’t have to use that war crime of a cable Focal provides anymore (and I got one of the new “better” cables).

23 Likes

Corpse Cable
GraveDigger fitted out for Fostex HPs

15 Likes

:laughing: I have the same cable/color from Hart and completely agree, it’s a great pickup.

2 Likes

Some USB adaptors and the Purple BLON 03’s, with Spinfits these are shockingly good for the price

14 Likes

Picked these up on sale for $68 on Amazon. The bass is a bit “boomy”, but I’m really enjoying how forward they are with vocals (very reminiscent of HD6xx vocals). The detail and clarity in the mids and uppers is fantastic. Overall they have a very “realistic” sound to them, acoustic instruments sound right (as long as it doesn’t dip into the boomy bass region).

10 Likes

RNHP looks good!

1 Like

haha! good eye! Always fun running <$100 IEMs on a $500 amp. It definitely brings out the best in these IEMs! The RNHP is right at home on my desk setup: Share snapshots of your present ENDGAME =D - #1999 by elementze

1 Like

Finally gave some love to my speaker setup.

Klipsch RP-600M

26 Likes

Those are lovely. Just a little farther from the wall if possible :wink:

4 Likes