What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I hope you enjoy this. I have to say I am intrigued by this thing. As a TA-20 owner I can say that I am impressed with the XDuoo product. Looking forward to your impressions.

1 Like

I forgot to mention that from what I have heard the cable that comes with the Eligia, though a fine quality cable, can be annoying to use. Therefore, I sense another custom Hart audio cable on the horizonā€¦

And yes, given the color scheme of the Eligia, it will be something other than red! :grinning:

2 Likes

At long last!!!

edit: HD800s

16 Likes

You might also want to get a decible meter and how loud you are listening. Is she sitting close to you? Or far away?

Are you using the HAC system? My HAC 3.5mm cable covers several headphones.

Well, given how bad my ears are I imagine itā€™s pretty loud. I actually should have seen this coming. All good though, the Eligias should take care of it.

And no, I am not using the HAC system. I should but I am being stubborn. So a fresh custom 7 footer it will be! This will be the last headphone purchase for me anyway.

I canā€™t believe I said that with a straight faceā€¦ :crazy_face:

1 Like

Elegia cable is a atrocity to an otherwise great headphone. 100% recommended getting an aftermarket one. Good option in the US is the New Fantasia, or if you want to spend a little more HAC is the way to go.

2 Likes

Upside with a dual 3.5mm is that it will be common with other headphones.

1 Like

7Hertz Timeless

13 Likes

Felt curious, might regret laterā€¦ (I hope not :sweat_smile:)

12 Likes

Yessir. A huge bonus, actually. That way I can share it with that next set that I am never going to buy. Wait, I smell smokeā€¦ Oh shit, itā€™s my pants!

Cool. I dunno, man, I hear good things.

Just received some 6N6P nos tubes for my Echo MK2ā€¦

16 Likes

the red dots - nice! military grade, pre-burned I believe. I have the same ones, but from 75. donā€™t know about you, but I felt these have slightly more gain compared to the ones which came with the amp: whereas before I kept the dial at 12, after replacement on the same tracks 11 was pretty much enough. I also felt the sound became slightly more punchy, but this could be all in my head.

2 Likes

Yep. From what I have read tubes where eged in for a few days before they went to quality control to make sure they were stable and to sort out bad tubes.

From a first listen I can for sure say they are a bit more detailed and punchier than the stock tubes. Really impressed by them to be honest. Didnā€™t expect them to make this big of a difference. I hardly go over 9 oā€™clock with my HD600 and didnā€™t notice a change in gain so farā€¦ what cans are you driving with the Echo?

The stock touch of grey cables from HAC look very good with the Elegias:

7 Likes

That is nice. Subtle but somehow distinctive. I might just roll with that one. Thank you.

1 Like

Picked up a Drop + THX AAAā„¢ 789 Linear Amplifier. Iā€™ve had one before, but that was back when Drop was Massdrop and these were going for $700+ on the secondary market. Someone made me an offer I could not refuse.

Fast forward to more sane times and itā€™s on sale for $199. Quite a good buy. Thisā€™ll be setup on the guest desk and will serve as a backup should something happen to my main amp.

4 Likes

iFi 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable shizā€¦

10 Likes

I just canā€™t imagine spending $70 on that thing especially when HAC has one for $20-$27 depending on lengthā€¦

2 Likes