What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Man that’s one pile of Schiit lol :+1:

2 Likes

Not audio, but I need relief. :sneezing_face:

7 Likes

Just got my second shipment in…

13 Likes

C3 and Storm came in today. The C3 are in my ears ATM , first pre burn listen they Trump the Cadenza , better fit, better cable and similar sound but I will do a better A/B with the Cadenza.

Be interesting to see it changes with more time but as of right now I would spend the $10 more on the C3.

2 Likes

4.4 > XLR adapter came in, good quality, does the job

7 Likes

I am so thrilled about this - I got it for $36 shipped from someone on Mercari. Arrived today. Looks to be in perfect condition. I can’t begin to image how handy this will be for digital illustration, and a host of other creative (and mundane) applications. I should have some switches and caps knocking about. I’ll probably leave setting it up until the weekend. I’ll at least check all the switch connections before then just in case.

Can’t believe I found it.

Edit: given the quality of the materials, knobs, and overall construction I’m surprised they can sell them new for $145 to be honest, compared to other other macro pads and mech keyboards on the market.

Clarification: in a good way - $145 seems cheap to the consumer considering the manufacturing costs and only moderate scale of production. Seems like a beast.

8 Likes

Wayne Shorter can rip! Aside from playing drums, I’ve been playing jazz sax since I was six and when I was studying music theory and improvisation, my sax teacher had me listening to a lot of Mr. Shorter as he was a big fan.

And I think we all know that it just doesn’t get any better than Art Blakey. Ten albums in one delivery? Looks like you’re gonna be busy havin’ fun! :metal::sunglasses:

He seems to be in and around the music/musicians that I like, so I thought, why not?
I have Art Blakey’s Moanin, and I love it.

I have not been very well lately and so I now have 26 CD’s that have to be ripped and enjoyed. Hopefully, in the coming days. :grin:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that you haven’t been doing well. I hope you get to feeling/doing better soon.

As for Wayne Shorter, if he had come around 10 years earlier or ten years later he would have been a colossus, but he just happened to hit the scene when you had literally the best generation of lead sax players that has ever graced the stage and studio rippin’ it up. It’s important to note though, that guys like Art Blakey, Miles Davis, and other superstar band leaders kept Wayne Shorter in their lineups and once John Coltrane became his own star and started leading his own band, Shorter was basically the go to tenor sax player if you wanted to form a trio/quartet/quintet of heavy hitters. The best jazz musicians aren’t always the ones that become the most well known by fans, but they’re always respected and trusted by their fellow musicians. He’s definitely one of my favorites, up there with Coltrane, Mobley, and Rollins.

3 Likes

Zen Dac v2 arrived today :slight_smile:

I wanted another travel friendly source which I can use without extra power supply as I work and listen in different places quite often.

Also I am sucker for that X-bass :see_no_evil::grin:

Currently I am feeding K7 with it, because why not :grin:

10 Likes

Hey Days came in and man this thing is all quality, really impressed, @hawaiibadboy thanks man this is great

8 Likes

Well, since the new stereo didn’t come with an external mic, went looking up good car stereo mics, and this kept popping up. Picked it up, figuring I’ll give it a shot.

https://a.co/d/4kN2xI9
Posi-Twist and double din install kit should be arriving tomorrow.
https://a.co/d/fYwdkjJ

2 Likes

6 Likes

Plan on doing a write up soon, overall really happy with it

6 Likes

Nice! It finally arrived by you.

1 Like

Can’t recommend these cables enough.

The Kuro is only $15 right now on AE and it’s a fantastic cable for the money.

Well made, weighty for a fabric cable which I prefer and there are no ear hooks which I usually don’t prefer but somehow, it just works for this cable.

Hakugei Golden Bodhi & Kuro

Also in this package:

Dunu S&S tips - cylinder style tip with a very soft texture, slightly glossy/sticky that has supreme comfort and seal. Give ‘em a shot for sets that have a short nozzle. They do run small so if you usually wear mediums, get the large size.

Tanchjim T-300 tips - haven’t tried these yet but I’ve heard good things. They run extremely small. The mediums look like smalls to me. Very short tip so best not to pair it with an IEM with a short nozzle - mostly wanted these for the Monarch’s. Will report back no doubt!

7 Likes

@domq422 Nice looking color match there!

2 Likes

Right?! Absolutely the main reason I went with this cable. Happy it worked out!

2 Likes

This pairing is simply stunning :melting_face: How much did you pay for Golden Bodhi btw? Now I see it for 70$

1 Like

Thank you! I found the Golden Bodhi for $56 when I bought it but I’m in the US, I assume it’s different depending on the country.

1 Like