What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Found a Parasound Zamp v.3 on Facebook for $100. Also comes with a 2nd Zamp that has an overheating issue I can mess around with.

9 Likes

I’m quite curious as to what you will think about the senheiser :eyes:

I interpreted it as an unfavorable opinion

1 Like

That’s fair lol. More interested in depth opinions I guess :eyes:

Oh I don’t know… I would guess the user is undecided as of now but first impressions may not have gone to plan!

Trying on “new” forms of audio…

(It’s new for me since I barely remember Vinyl when I was a kid =P)

18 Likes

What’s the thing that’s in between your Asgard and Bifrost? Is it for looks or to facilitate cooling?

7 Likes

Got a good deal on these. Hifiman Arya.

26 Likes

The SP200 arrived this afternoon. It’s kinda silly, but I got all excited when I saw that the box was here! And yet, I was sort of nervous because I have been doing all this reading and watching… “The SP200 is fantastic… The SP200 is pretty much crap…” and so on! Had I made the right choice? Only one way to find out. On the desk it went.

My mighty little MX-3 is feeding it for now. I’ll have to save up for a bit before I can get the DAC. I’m thinking M400 as a downrange goal or maybe a Bifrost 2 if they can ever get their Schiit together. But man, I gotta say, I love how the DAC in this MX-3 sounds. It will definitely do for now. It sure stacks nicely with the SP200. Total bonus!

I’m starting out slow for now, starting out in low gain and balancing the MX-3’s pre output. I’ve only had it up for 40 minutes, so I will need some time before I can get a better idea. But first impressions are - Wow. I am very, very impressed. It’s - so clean. There is no noise - zip, nada, zero! Quiet spots in a song or in between tracks there is absolutely nothing. Music is delivered with an authority and punch that the MX-3 could not deliver. Don’t get me wrong, that headphone amp was really good - but this is just levels better. I am very happy.

Now it’s time to re-assess this rag-tag headphone fleet of mine!

Ah, the slings and arrows of being in this blasted art!

8 Likes

Vinyl is a really fun part of this hobby.
Use Discogs.com to see all the different pressings of albums.
Some are significantly better than others. However just know that if you start getting audiophile all analog pressings you might want to get a turntable that you can balance the tonearm. The AT-LP60X is non-adjustable and that style typically puts a lot of pressure on the records causing extra were and tear while a balanced tonearm won’t cause any noticeable wear even after 100’s of plays.

Happy Spinning :smiley:

2 Likes

I know my comment was some kind of ambiguous compliment, but in fact, it’s great as is, tidy!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I am justing getting to Vinyl and have heard multiple accounts from the LP60 track force, both that it’s problematic and it’s fine. The reality is: it’s harder to get another TT here in my country, prices for any of the classics basically doubles. So ATLP60x seemed the best place to start. If I found myself liking the whole journey, I will definitively invest in a better TT.

Also, I know about the different pressings but don’t know many details on which is best / what is the difference. So, if it’s okay, I may ask some questions regarding that to you later.

Well, it looks good and works well. Not sure if there is any audible difference. Maybe there is more space around instruments in live recordings but maybe its placebo :smiley:

1 Like

Also, stay grounded folks

8 Likes

I love vinyl but prefer it with 2 channel listening over headphones… I’d say keep it simple and cheap with a schiit mani phono… don’t upgrade tonearms, carts, phono, etc… until you are certain you’re into it. I have a great record shop that I can get solid quality used vinyl for $5 - $10 all day.

Have fun!

2 Likes

Happy to help you on your vinyl journey. Ask anytime.

2 Likes

Decided to get myself a bit of an upgrade to my old Qp1r

20 Likes

A&norma SR25? :+1:

1 Like

What did I buy today? Nothing.

That’s strange.

11 Likes