What did you buy today? (Part 2)

hoping for your thought about them after you got them :thinking:

My wife does not renege on promises. Regardless of whether she ought to.

First impression while using them with the Soloist is they have great clarity/detail, just decent macrodynamics, and somewhat bright/unbalanced upper mids. Overall the sound and build make them seem more like $1k headphones than 1.8k. So still a great buy when on sale

thx for the quick response :smiley:
just out of couriosity are you planung to mod them, removing the grills etc ?

Finally snagged one of these lil guys. Perfect for pushing speakers in a smaller apartment.
(Please ignore my cables that’s a project for another day)

7 Likes

I may if I can find a good replacement grill. The one that was recommended before isn’t being sold. I tried them with the grill removed and the improvement was pretty small. So not worth risking dust getting in to the drivers imo

1 Like

@marcgii

4 Likes

Unique Melody Mest MKII

21 Likes

Looks pretty good for the price. I wonder how good the jitter performance is compared to the more expensive converters.

A very good question indeed. That would be a very good comparison video for someone to do, actually. So far I have to say that both USB solutions That have been deployed here are performing very well in my view. I am pretty impressed by both the Wyrd 4 Sound re-clocker and the Douk U2 Pro. I can’t really say which one is doing better at this point. For my needs at this time I don’t see why I would need to go with the more expensive solutions out there. What, spend 50 times as much just to say I have a SU-2 in the chain? Nope, I will save that money and put it towards a better DAC!

1 Like

havent posted here in a while, but this one seemed fitting

29 Likes

I’m wondering how many of those 79 was it? members of that limited run are going to the hands of HFGF members…

2 Likes

Lol. Just ordered as well

1 Like
  1. More limited than the spirit torino valkyria :wink:
3 Likes

I bought mine before you did!!

1 Like

27 Likes

Singxer Su 2?

Holo Spring 3 - Level 3 (KTE)

12 Likes

Ouu Nice,have fun with him, :grinning:

2 Likes

Got my KBEAR Rhyme cable for my FH3 as well as the Kinera Nanna I purchased from @Sonofholhorse here.

6 Likes