What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Buying 1K$+ earphones and the first track you play is one called “disappointed”.

Glad you aren’t :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ordered a pair of the Sivga 006 from Aliexpress, because for some reason Amazon ran out. Been wanting a different pair of closed backs besides my DT770, and from what I heard of Zeos’ demo, I think I’ll like these quite a bit. Just hope it doesn’t take months for them to arrive.

9 Likes

This past week I sold my SP200 and my Loxjie P20. Then I ordered an Asgard 3 and a used Edition XX direct from Hifiman. Color me excited!

13 Likes

i was going to order a kit, but found this assembled for 465$ with speedball upgrade. could not resist and i love the color the guy went with. cant wait to try it out!

edit: added couple pics of the completed board.

21 Likes

I want photos now!!!

4 Likes

Looking up those headphones on Aliexpress I just wanted to point out how the check marks are red and the Xs are green. I found that a bit comical.

7 Likes

I ordered a pair of moondrop starfields as I want something portable that’s better than my airpods and I find that it may as well be convenient enough for me to have an iem I want to use still rather than just sticking to my headphone. Also, a question for any starfield owners, do you see any improvement with a better signal chain on them or does it not scale up well?

9 Likes

aw man, wish i had seen that deal. Does anyone knows how this compares with the tuba?

Pretty different, the crack + speedball is a fair bit more colored and going for a real fun signature, but it’s more picky about what sounds good on it (being otl)

Nice, curious to hear what you think about them :+1:

1 Like

Well, someone posted the Andover Audio PM-50s. Since Andover Audio is apparently a “hometown hero”, I took the dive on them.

Andover’s website

Review (pretty much singular lol)

Figured I might as well go lateral instead of straight up with the Anandas (cancelled the amazon order on them :’(, but saved $300 bucks so hey now I can buy the Erish when it pops :slight_smile: ). Very much so looking forward to the pm-50s

@gallappago I wouldn’t have seen these if not for the deals thread post. Thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Pretty good. Controlled, deep low end. Lot’s of detail, and slightly bright. The pads are too small for my ears, so I actually changed them out last night for the ZMF Ori’s with the Dekoni rings and they’re so much more comfortable. It didn’t affect the sound very much either.

I’m going to try and wait till Monday to do the mod, but I’m pretty excited by what I’ve been hearing so I may end up doing it this weekend.

1 Like

Haha! Soon, I promise. :+1:t4:

I wonder how they compare to the Ebony

Me too. I’m confident the Asgard will be great. The descriptions of the Edition XX on this forum and elsewhere made them sound like a decent starting point for me in the next tier up. Plus with selling old gear and cashing in Amazon points they’re basically an <$200 risk. I just couldn’t pass on that…

3 Likes

From what I’ve been told, the 610’s have a more neutral tuning while the Ebony’s are warmer. I think the Ebony’s are the preferred tuning because of their warm, fun sound.

2 Likes

plan on using the hd600’s firstly :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

the guys awesome that is selling it to. been emailing with him. he will ship monday. hes going to the store today to get bubble wrap ect to make sure nothing gets jarred loose hopefully in transit.

1 Like

I suppose the detail retrieval is the same on the TH610 as the Ebonies?

I haven’t heard the Ebony, but I imagine it would be on par. The 610’s are very detailed.