What did you buy today? (Part 1)

My Hart audio cable finally arrived. It’s very nice. My only complaint would be the fostex connectors are kind of cheep feeling, but I blame fostex for making their connectors so expensive and hard to find. I got boring black as to not distract from the W O O D.

Like I said, I’m really happy with @brux work. I think when the holidays are over and their backlog has gone down I might see if he’ll do detachable cable mods to my Grados.

25 Likes

Bought several tubes to try on the CTH (current favorite with my LCD2 PF). I know you guys are all about the MLP, but honestly, I like the CTH better… So, more money for tubes.

14 Likes

Let me know if he gets into that.

1 Like

How are they? Was looking for a 2 pin alternative to the T2.

If he is willing to do such a mod, I will be sure to let EVERYONE know.

Edit: as long as he is also willing to do it again for other customers.

1 Like

I’m really liking them. Feels very solid and the comfort is great for me. Sounds really good for the price. I was reading the Guideray GR-i 50$ Goodness thread today and definitely agree with all the positive comments there. :+1: As my first iem I’m impressed.

3 Likes

Finally said fuck it. I was between these and Ion Forges, I like that those are adjustable and have cable management, but these are a bit cheaper and the height is primo.

download (2)

8 Likes

i love mine, great quality too

2 Likes

Well boys it’s time for me to see what these are all about, Gold Planars Thursday, these Friday…

23 Likes

I bought a Ifi Zen Dac and a NAD 3020 V2

5 Likes

can you guess what i bought today?

jk, i got TYGRs :kissing_heart:

15 Likes

Legend has it that the wiring used in the Orpheus was drawn from the pathways of the lost city of El Dorado

4 Likes

I thought it was distilled from the blood of virgins? LOL! :rofl:

3 Likes

There is no wiring, they developed a system of quantum teleportation.

5 Likes

Ey! The Clears are fantastic man. You wont regret it

2 Likes

The marble base was milled from The Bust of Emperor Cladius. There is also a mention of the creation of the earpads, namely that the leatherwork was cut from norse primeval cow, Auðumbla, and sown together with the hair of Callisto, a mythological greek nymph.

I need verification of some sources though…

2 Likes

Did not buy today but they did arrive at their new home today. LCD-2 Pre-Fazor

Thank you @donjklassen for the great transaction and for letting these Rosewood beauties come live with me. Also for all the goodies - Original box, Case, Cable, Oil & Cloth, headband with serial number, and the warranty and other Audez’e documents. A very nice presentation indeed.

LCD-2pf stuff
Very much looking forward to giving these an extensive listing session tonight!

27 Likes

Looks beautiful! :+1:

1 Like

Thats a beautiful lcd 2 :heart_eyes:

Okay guys, detective Cooper from twin peaks said to give yourself a gift (anything) every day, so I gifted myself…

The sound is insane, a bit brighter than the pros

12 Likes

Got more Koss for all of you. KDE250. Weird earphones, and a weird buying adventure to go with it.

Paid about 110 USD equivalent from a UK seller for a damaged-box, but new unit.

Box itself doesn’t look too bad, edit: found the instruction manual, the spare earhooks were scattered out of their slots, there’s a bunch of dust on everything, and everything has a very… nostalgic smell. Like a smell of an old book or musty attic. Very strange. The actual earphones are still packaged properly and unused, but it seems this box has seen quite a history. Think this may qualify as NOS :laughing:

It’s a bit smaller than a KSC75, or rather I should say the 20mm driver is a bit larger than I expected. Build looks quite nice and premium other than the crappy cable. Forgot to mention the case is real leather. Nice.

After an hour of listening and test fitting, I honestly dunno whether I like this sound or not. Signature is a pretty well tuned V-shape aside from an early attack at 1.5kHz and lack of sub-bass, but I also feel the sound is a bit sea-shelly or metallic in a displeasing way. Sort of a very similar feeling I get with other shallow-insertion earphones like Apple earpods.

Yet when I go back to my KSC75 or ESP/95X… they also sound totally wrong but in an opposite way. It’s most puzzling, and I’m hoping the weirdness I’m getting is just because I’m not used to it or am inserting it wrong.

As for comfort and fit, I think they fit pretty well and are decently secure. Main issue is that my facial movements too easily shifts the position of the thing sticking into my ear. The inner bits actually don’t go in the ear canal, but instead hug the outside of it. Maybe I’ll try some silicone rings or foams to see if it helps keep them in my ear better.

15 Likes