What did you NOT buy today?

PC38X. I actually almost bought these a couple of times, but somehow I feel they’re not worth it.

I’ve had the Hifiman 400i 2020 version for about a month now, I was aware of Hifiman’s QC issues and I took the dive even with knowing that. So far no issues, and they do have a year warranty so fingers crossed I guess.
But so far the dive was well worth it, I’m loving the 2020 version of the 400i.

1 Like

Another pair of Fostex biodynas lol

1 Like

I’ll be honest for $1800 this guy is 5 min from me… It’s completely tempting to buy them now but I’m passing in favor of a new HP amp and a phono upgrade.

1 Like

Damn…so pretty…

When I clicked on the link and got a gander at the home page I laughed loudly for almost 10 minutes straight. There is a stupidity line that every once in a while gets crossed. This thing crosses that line.

I know right… one word of advice if you’re into audio or any other hobbies never reproduce. Having babies kills funding, time/capacity, or room for any enjoyable hobbies. I’m relegated to an extra bedroom in the basement for a listening room and I’m fortunate enough to get that.

My 4 year old barged into the room last night and started playing with my tubes so I probably have mucho dinero in damage now.

2 Likes

Another day gone by and I still don’t own a 4th Gen fighter jet…

2 Likes

Completely unnecessary, but it would just be cool to own…

Walked in on my 2 year old pulling headphones off my shelf and trying them on. Thrilled to get her into the hobby young - terrified that things are going to get destroyed! So far only cosmetic. And the nicer cans are now “top shelf” out of her reach!

3 Likes

yes my 4 year old daughter loves to listen with me… typically we’ll listen to vinyl on my 2 channel setup but occasionally we’ll do headphones together. I’m introducing her to a wide variety of music so she can develop her own tastes and preferences on “good” music and not let pop radio influence her.

The tubes I keep in a drawer is not something I’ve let her use before so I think it was a curiosity thing. But I guess I need to put those up on a top shelf now too…

I did not buy… ANYTHING! I started foaming at the mouth to figure out my next headphone rig and I stopped in my tracks just as I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the Topping “90” stack. I can’t seem to get a consensus as to whether this thing is yea or nay, and I got confused. So I am stopping and pulling back from any further purchases for the foreseeable future. I think I will just sit and enjoy what I have for now. It gets so easy to talk yourself into “needing” things…

5 Likes

30 day free trial so…

6 Likes

out of stock…so i guess its a more of what will i buy later…

3 Likes

For the 100th time, I did not buy a RTX 3080 today. Best Buy had another drop today, but still no luck. I think that was probably the dozenth time I tried Best Buy so far. I signed up EVGA’s queue more 6 months ago and they are still no where close to my place in line. I’ve also got a group of people all signing NewEgg’s Shuffle frequently. But the chance of “winning” that seems to be 1 in 10,000 or worse lol

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to try those. Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

1 Like

I was originally after a 3080, then I caved and bought a 3090 because they were “easier” to get a hold of and I had hadn’t stimulated the economy after already receiving check number 2…

They’re not as obscene in woofer mode.

1 Like

I’d jump at chance for founder’s edition 3090 at this point. Even though it’s a terrible deal compared to the $700 3080. If I knew it’d still be this bad 6 months ago I would have done the same as you. Oh well. Maybe I’ll get lucky when the 3080 Ti comes out. Maybe there’s where all the high end chips have been going. Lately, there’s hardly been any 3080 restocks. Worst case scenario is I buy from EVGA 6 months later when it’s my turn in line

I’m still in queue for a 3080 FTW3 as well. Don’t remember when I signed up though…