What do you guys miss most about live shows?

I made a video talking about what I miss most about going and seeing live bands, would love to start some conversations about what people miss most about live music.
Definitely miss the drive there, and seeing friends go crazy on stage. Fidelity wise though did rock venues sound that good to you? The Philly Orchestra sounded amazing in their huge hall but punk bands in a basement on South Street also had some charm to the sound lol!

3 Likes

I miss the experience and hearing live music. I miss small venue live shows. I got to dance with the lead singer of little dragon when she jumped off stage in front of me during one of those shows.

I miss going out to them with friends, getting drinks, standing around killing time for the shows to start. I even miss the awkward crowds that wouldn’t dance or move during the shows.

Thinking back now, i even miss the disgusting smelling bathrooms in some of those venues.

2 Likes

I miss the anticipation leading up to the opening song, everything you describe.

There are a few venues that I really know, been to a lot, yet the reason I’m there is always new.

Standing in a crowed line for a Foo Fighters shirt… yes, every time.

2 Likes

nothing, as I’ve never been to one because of how loud they are / get. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

how could i forget the gross bathrooms! such a staple…
awesome little dragon story btw

1 Like

yep… definitely always a new reason to be at the same place. such a unique feeling.
long merch lines are life lol

1 Like

i definitely hate when things get too loud, luckily i picked up cheap ($20) “musician” ear plugs and they really just cut down the sound by a few db but you don’t loose any fidelity. a must have, throw em right on your keychain

1 Like

There’s something about a live music that you can’t get from a home setup, their presence. I used to go to a lot of live music performances, even if it was just a small cafe gig, I would still go there and listen to their performance. Maybe it was not the best performance, but the presence of the singer and their emotion is just something that you couldn’t get at home.

meeting new people and singing along with the artists and fans. the energy of the place is just stupid fun.

2 Likes

something about live drums just hits much harder, even if its a quite jazz set. i agree

damn… i miss people. especially new people.

2 Likes

I miss the people the most. Seeing Ghost, a tongue in cheek satanic band, in the heart of religious Colorado (colorado springs) last Fall was so much fun. That, and I miss the molecule vibrating bass you can only find at shows with good PA.

Or looking out over Denver with a thousand people while at a Red Rocks show.

f I miss live shows.

1 Like

too relatable… nothin like people outraged over a performance lol
imagine stuff like chili peppers live at slain again… so many people
or korn @ woodstock

1 Like

I just miss the brutality of proper hardcore gigs. I listen to all genres but I only ever really went to metal gigs as they were just a great excuse to go wild for a few hours whilst some of your favourite bands are playing. I don’t think I’ve been to a gig now in over a year and it’s rough.

2 Likes

brutality should be a metric when measuring headphones.

2 Likes

Pretty much everything… I live in Austin and a lot of our culture is built around live shows. I miss drinking red bull vodkas through the opener so i could go hard for the headliner, i miss talking to randos on the patio at the back of the venue, i miss barley being able to talk out of the venue at the end of the night because I was just so exhausted from the show. I miss drunkenly hitting up the merch table for a t-shirt i’ll never wear just so the artist can get some cash, before going and having what tasted like a 9/10 pizza that to any cogent person would be 4/10…

I’d do just about anything to go pay too much for beer, sweat my ass off, and get tinnitus until the next morning right now.

4 Likes

that hit way too hard …
and as a musician in a local band we appreciate the fuck out of u buyin our shirts.
cant wait to get back out there and enjoy people

1 Like

I miss talent and the energy of a live crowd

nothin like a live loud crowd

1 Like

miss the guys on the rooftops getting the concert for free and having a blast, only at a few venues though.

1 Like

Always, we need our local artists.

In the spirit of helping musicians, remember this Friday is Bandcamp Friday. BC waives their cut and any music you purchase on bandcamp this Friday goes 100% to the artist. Good way to help artists, and of course BC will let you download FLAC files :smiley:

2 Likes