What do you guys think of the AKG361? Are they adequate for music production/mixing?

What do you guys think of the AKG361? Are they adequate for music production/mixing?
Is there any other headphones you recommend that has a neutral and quality sound better then them?
Thank you.

They are just fine imo for music production. Personally I would easily prefer the 371 for the same task from akg, the 361 is somewhat mid centric to me, where the 371 is an improvement in technicalities and is more Harman neutral.

I personally prefer the 880 600 ohm for a bit more in this range because of a more neutral (to me) signature and higher performance and refinement, but then you have to have an amp to power it well to sound accurate, whereas the 371 is not picky and sounds good on most amps. Also open back so not apples to apples

There are lots of options for headphones to serve this duty, what are your current needs and budget? What specific use case are you going to be prioritizing, and what material do you commonly work with?

1 Like

My budget is 150 to 200 euros max. My setup is very simple : Komplete audio 6 , akai apc key 25 and ableton . I am a techno music producer and would use them mainly for production mixing and mastering.

In that case, the 371 would work well imo, it has a pretty solid response throughout the range with a bit of recession in the midrange, I also think the dt 770 250 ohm would be a good pick here as it’s pretty high preforming for bass and treble (a tad v shaped though). I don’t think I would go for either for mastering, but for monitoring/mixing I think they would be pretty dang solid. I think the komplete would power the 371 just fine, for the 770 250 ohm it will power it well but later on you could get more from a dedicated amp imo

1 Like

i will take that into consideration, thank you brother.