What EQ's do you guys run?

I’ve been using eqMac2 which works ok are there any others worth trying for a MacOS?
:beers:

I never EQ anything.

FWIW: if there is another system-level EQ app for MacOS, I certainly haven’t found it via Google. BTW: the developer just posted that he’s currently stymied from releasing version 3 due to some bugs right in the Apple API that only Apple developers can repair.

Blockquote

EQ’ing to my own riff on the Harman curve is night-and-day for me. But that’s just because I’m a doddering old acoustic music listener with this weird, obsessive fixation on timbral accuracy. Envy your freedom from such pickiness!

2 Likes

I use TIDAL on my Mac and run it through an ifi nano iDSD Black Label to my hd660s’s and like Maynard use it to put my spin on the Harman curve :+1:

I force myself to listen to the gear and source as natural as possible. This allows me to have a clear understanding of what the gear is doing and to make proper considerations and comparisons between them, instead of looking through glasses that are distorting the original, even if it might sound more pleasing to my ears. The trick is to get the right gear that sounds good to my ears with zero processing.

I agree to one degree or another but “most” set ups lend themselves to a certain types of music and me not having a bottomless bank account find it useful to tweak some frequencies to enhance my listening pleasure on my chosen set up.

1 Like

I don’t use an EQ in any of my stereo setups, but in the home theater setup i do bump the bass a little on the Onkyo receiver for that extra bit of rumble in big action scenes :slight_smile: