What headsets have the best 360 degree imaging for Fortnite?

For games I did slightly prefer how the ad1000x presented, I think it had sharper imaging in the games I had tried, also imo it’s signature and presentation made it a bit more easy to pick up on spatial queues with how intimate it was, made placement easy. The 880 600 is no slouch either, although in some games personally I was slightly slower on picking out where somebody was than the audio technica. I think for music the 880 600 ohm ends up being more accurate but otherwise for games I do slightly prefer the 1000x. I don’t have much experience with R6 unfortunately

2 Likes

Dude I appreciate the quick response! Yea I’ve had the ad700x (first open back for gaming) and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Took a bit to get used to open back but when I tried going back to the penrose via aux I heard the difference.

I’m actually leaning towards the ad1000x as I can still return the 700x and just pay about $200 more for it.

If you already like the sound of the ad700x, the ad1000x is a logical upgrade and should be pretty great. Also it’s not that hard to drive, so for the time being you can use it with pc audio, but I would suggest an entry level dac amp stack to really let it shine imo

Yup already have the magni and modi!

Perfect, should be pretty solid then, would be curious on your thoughts :+1:

For sure! I’ll definitely write a reply. My only concern is that the more I read in these forums, the less sure I am of the cost to benefit of upgrading from 700x to 1000x. Money isn’t an issue, but I do wonder if you can actually hear the sound separation difference between the two.

You can, it might not be a world changing difference but it should be noticeable and appreciable

1 Like