What is the absolute hardest bass slam in any track that you know of?

Flim & the BB’s “Tricycle”

Something I’m sure nobody has reported is CSN Greatest Hits. I have that CD. Before I started using Spotify & keeping my preamp volume at 3 oclock max, instead of max, it was at first the only CD I had that bottomed out the woofers on my Tannoy XT8F towers. No song on Michael Jackson History ever did that, nor any other CD I had from music across 4 or 5 decades with the preamp volume cranked. So I just made sure to listen to CSN at lower volume.

Later I got a Telarc Planets CD. Track 6, Uranus, will bottom out the woofers.
Then I got a Telarc 1812 Overture CD & it requires the preamp volume down a bit for the cannon shots.

Finally I figured, 3 oclock on the preamp volume is loud enough & nothing can bottom out the woofers at that level, but I still get good dynamic bass. Actually, these Tannoys sound good at low volume too.

Fortunately the woofers aren’t damaged. I was within a second of the volume knob each instance I heard the woofers crunch.

End of ramble.

Well, there’s always this… I tend to listen on headphones, and low end headphones can’t even handle this. You just won’t even hear the bass hits at all because the cheaper headphones just can’t play the sounds. My argon Mk3’s and Argon T60RP’s can reproduce the sound just fine though. It’s pretty impressive the difference that comes out with certain songs on different hardware. This is a decent enough ‘bass test’.

The earlier suggestion of Kickstart My Heart is pretty good too, and it’s a fun song to listen to.

2 Likes

Bass Test at 1:30