What is the best headphones for $200AUD?

That’s what I thought as well (and most people don’t really need anything outside of cardioid)

That can be applied to most any mic, good way to get the most performance for your money. That’s kinda why I wouldn’t rec condensers for most unless they are willing to properly treat their room, a dynamic will preform better in more average conditions imo

Maybe it was just some QC then. Idk lol.

How does a MH751 paired with a Creative Sound Blaster Play! 3 sound? Is that a decent enough sound card? Don’t really want nor need a proper amp, just looking for something lowkey and stuff, I will eventually get better headphones in the future with an amp, but that won’t be for a couple of years.

I can vouch for this

1 Like

@FernoFlake So here’s the thing.
None of those lower end sound cards or amps are going to give a noticeable difference in quality. I would not recommend getting any of those. Your headphones will sound just fine without them, a waste of money imo. Just save up for a good amp or DAC when you are able to. I would avoid all those low end things for the reasons I stated.

Yeah I was just looking for a sound card as then I can use USB, as I have more of those available. Not necessarily looking for an upgrade but the ones I’ve looked into seem to be fine for their price (as in no downgrades at least). Orico SC2 and the Creative Sound Blaster Play! 3 are my options. Either MH751 with one of them, or I just go for the MH752. What would you suggest?

Maybe look for units that can take optical in (assuming your motherboard has that output).
Dongle DACs like the Play 3 are mostly good when the audio jack on a notebook dies.

Edit: There are good dongle-DACs (AudioQuest has some good ones) but those are pricey.

Hey guys:
I’ve been looking into mics for the future, in a year or more, what are your thoughts on the Blue Yeti Nano, HyperX Quadcast and AT2020? If not those, what about that $120 USD and preferably below that price range?

Samson Q5s is probably the best value is a USB mic out right now
Edit: meant q2u

1 Like

Isnt that an amp? Forgive me if im wrong im pretty dumb ahaha but yeahl

You mean Samson q2u?

I personally wouldn’t suggest a condenser mic if you haven’t put time into treating your room that you will have it in, dynamic mics will be much easier in that regard

1 Like

Yes oops let me edit that sorry audio products often have very similar names

Nope your right I just got confused wrote that at like 6 in the morning for me

Unfortunately not haha, and don’t plan on it as my desk is in my bedroom. I’m looking into streaming so just need a pretty good mic ready in the future.

Yep, been looking into the Q2U and Rode Podmic, although I currently don’t have an AMP so the Podmic wont work. I’m also looking into the Yeti Nano if the Q2U isnt good enough

1 Like

I’ve got the Q2U. Its great. Wish it was type C rather then mini, but it is what it is.

Short clip using the Q2U

Stay away from yetis if your considering paying that much the ath 2020 presents better sound for the same price

Yep, I’m aware of that now. I was considering the AT2020 and Rode Podmic, but unfortunately I dont have a amp to drive them so I will go with the samson Q2U, buy an amp a fair bit after and then stick with that until I want an upgrade.

1 Like