What is your profession?

I did car audio for 4 years after college (CAD degree) and then home theater for 3 years. Went back to school for an IT degree and have done a decade as a software engineer.

7 Likes

Graduated in Mechatronics, a year looking for work I decided to specialize in Analog Integrated Circuits. Now I’m a Hardware designer for the past 3 years, with recently dipping my toes in discrete PCB design. I’m also finishing my masters in Analog IC (2 more months to go, I think).

5 Likes

I’m not a teacher or a preacher or an electrician or a writer or a fighter or a politician. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So…a pastry chef? Yummy.

4 Likes

I thought you’d say a locksmith since I’m the man with the key to your ignition.

EDIT: Its a lot more fun than saying advertising major and IT, systems engineering, and corporate middle management cog.

3 Likes

I don’t even know how to respond to that :rofl:

4 Likes

sorry I guess my song reference is just too damned dated. 3:28 mark.

4 Likes

That can be exciting with the right mix of coffee and alcohol first thing in the morning lol.

2 Likes

A Degree a and a diploma
6 years retail
4 and on years working as a storyboard revisionist and occasional writer for a popular children’s cartoon, freelance storyboard artist and trying as an Indie screenwriter and hopefully director one day,

4 Likes

CS Student
Hobby Tinkerer
“Freelance” IT-Service

4 Likes

Computer engineering in university.
Liscenced mechanic/welder/fabricator who specializes in diagnostics.

5 Likes

Computer Science Degree
Manage an IT department for a major gaming company

4 Likes

I trained as a machinist and worked in the industry for the last few years in toolmaking for plastic injection machines.
I made the mold and parts of it for the Xbox controller, which was the result of that time.
Or for the Shampoo Head and Shoulders the blue cover for it I grinded the parts of the mould.

Actually it was a cool job there but as it is when you restructure your business it was less fun.

Now I’m doing an apprenticeship as a wagon master where the trains are checked before the departure of freight cars.
The scope is big,check and operate brakes,perform wagon technical inspections,check and verify loading gauge.
Currently extensive later daily bread,:grin:

8 Likes

BS in Aeronautics + Airframe & Powerplant License. Working as a Jet Engine Mechanic for Pratt & Whitney. It is a lot of fun.

7 Likes

Been working “tech support” for the POS (Point of Sale) software the company i work for develops and sells. Been there for about 10 years, and to be honest i am getting a bit tired of the same old questions and user errors. But at least for now, with the Covid situation, there is very little opportunity to move on and i should probably just be happy to be in a reasonable secure job.

4 Likes

I completed an apprenticeship as a landscape gardener and now work as a customer gardener in garden maintenance.
At the moment, however, I am on the Swiss Army’s refresher course as a tank sapeur replenishment soldier for three weeks.

19 Likes

Financial Management Analyst for the DoD.

3 Likes

Evil Firewall Administrator™

3 Likes

A lot of cool jobs you guys have. But still no pastry chef. That’s the one I’m waiting for so we can become close friends :rofl:

3 Likes

Dweeby techie guys as far as the eye can see. Not a coincidence? LOL

1 Like