What Should I Prefer, an eBook or an Audiobook?

Hi everyone! I have written many books, but lately, I’ve been wondering whether I should switch to audiobooks. Should I stick to eBooks, or is it worth diving into the world of audiobooks? I’d love to hear your experiences and recommendations!

1 Like

As a consumer of many books I will tell you that I buy both. I tend to use audiobooks while in my vehicle (commuting, errands, etc.) which is the bulk of my “reading” time. I only purchase physical books if not available in audio, are special to me, or have crappy audiobook review scores (abridged, poor readers, etc.).

There are some that I own in both formats because I love them dearly and must have a physical copy (special editions of MA’s “The Meditations”, FH’s “Dune”, etc.).

I prefer and spend the bulk of my money and time using audio for it’s convenience, portability, and ability to listen/learn while performing mundane tasks. Heck, I will often listen to a book during the first hour or so of a casual or workout hike lol. Learning is an addiction for me and audio provides the flexibility I need.

Hope this helps in some way!

Corwin

2 Likes

Audiobook here, both me and the missus have “almost” the same subject interests (lets no mention my love of Stephen Kings Dark Tower Series :smile:) but most nights we go to bed and listen a :open_book::speaker: together :+1:

2 Likes

eBook dude here. I save audio for podcasts and music.

I don’t think there is a correct answer here. Everyone has different preferences. Perhaps research and find some data about trends in growth and contraction of eBook and audiobook markets to help you decide?

4 Likes

yep use case and preference, personally I prefer E-books and pretty much only use Audiobooks on over an hour drives

1 Like

I like having both, when possible, for the same book. Audiobook version for when I’m doing work around the house, yard work, working out, etc. When I’m sitting at my desk, or in bed, I pick up where I left off with my kindle.

1 Like

Keep up the creation of new ideas/concepts!

EBook or physical book for me. Audio books either put me to sleep or make me wish I was listening to music. I then promptly start listening to music or go to sleep…zzzzz

1 Like