What Sub to match with the Micca Covo-S and Cheap Amp?

Hey guys. I currently have a tiny man cave with SUPER limited space. I only have 6 1/2 inches to play with (no pun intended…) height wise. The only speakers that I can see that are compatible that are pretty decent are the Micca Covo-S (since I guess the tiny Kantos aren’t made anymore?). I don’t want to spend much since I plan on upgrading my desk next year with (bigger) better speakers, amp, sub, etc. I toyed with the idea of going with Kanto YU2’s, but from what I’ve read they need a sub too. I figured I would try to make a 2.1 full system for roughly the same cost or less. The only problem that I am facing right now is that all the subs that are in my price range are either powered or have a higher power requirement than the amp that I picked out can handle. This one: https://www.amazon.com/FX-AUDIO-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Subwoofer/dp/B08DHLDCNW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=FX+audio+2.1+speaker+amp&qid=1603137857&sr=8-3

I planned on having my setup be something like this: Micca Covo-S and Sub>FX Audio 2.1 amp>SU-8 DAC.

Can someone help guide me towards a sub that takes 100w or less power, OR a way to fit a powered sub into that setup? Sorry, I have been a headphone guy for years but know nothing about speakers.

Please before anyone suggests to buy better speakers my budget and space is incredibly limited. I know that those components aren’t great, but I need something to get me by until next year. Thanks to all for any help.

1 Like

fried my covos using them to test overhead ch at abusive levels. Think ill pick up another pair out of respect.

Havent heard them but monoprice has a 8in sub. Was thinking of getting one for my kitchen tv. Cute little thing.

Are you talking about the Kanto BEN speakers? We haven’t made those since 2014 :sweat_smile:

Oh damn, I didn’t realize it had been that long. I heard they were pretty good but needed a sub which would have been awesome for my room! I wish you guys would bring back the glossy dark blue color. It made the Yumi’s and older YU2’s look so damn sexy!

We’re actually in the midst of “streamlining” our colours aka getting rid of ones that never sold that well. Expect matte colours and wood finishes from us going forward.

Would be great if someone came out with coaxials that have mounting provisions for atmos ceiling/wall mounting like the covos in 4-8 inch drivers. Not many are willing to cut speaker holes for in-ceiling height channels and the few height speakers available retail at $300.

I understand that, I will be glad to check those out when I upgrade! Any color sneakpeeks?

No surprises - matte black, matte white, bamboo, and walnut are the current colours.

Hey, just read your post, I had a similar need and found this… an ebay seller in illinois, “4surpluscity” has “replacement” sub’s for the Z533 Logitech system, its an AMP/Sub and wired “puck” for Bass & Volume
CHEAP! I to have a desktop in my shop with the Covo-S as a replacement speaker. Its great! “plm”