What was your 1st car system?

Mine was in March of 1982 in a 78 Olds Cutlass Supreme

Sanyo tape deck
Metro Sound EQ
Jensen Triax 4 x 10

2 Likes

Lets see if i can remember that long ago. It was definitely thrown together with whatever i could get cheap or scrounge for…
Car - 1990 VW Jetta, 1.8L 4 Cyl, 5 Speed manual.
Sony XTREME head unit (lol)
stock 8 interior speakers
1 400W amp (dont remember brand but it was purple) to a pair 8" woofer box (it was some reference monitor set from my dads DJ business.
1 12" audiobahn HE in a sealed box, rockford fosgate 500W amp
2 JL Audio 10W6 in custom built JL Audio specs DB Monster bandpass boxes. 1000W knock off brand amp dont remember the brand but it was white and the logo was 80’s/90’s looking.

I had it EQ’d for nothing but mids and highs went to the stock speakers, the 8" was fed everything above 100hz, and the subs were all set at cutoff between 80-140.

With all the different type of subs and boxes, this thing hit HARD lol. I was 16 and played the same couple CD’s just for the bass. Thinking back it was silly, but ohh so much fun!

1 Like

1980 chevy impala, 2 sherwood 240 watt amps, 1 sherwood 140, 4x8” JL audio subs, 4x kenwood 3way 6x9’s, 2x Kenwood 2way 6.5’s. a large case 120amp Hot wound alternator With a 1000cc amp deep cycle battery, and an isolator for the regular 650cc vehicle battery. the first head unit was a blaupunkt Cassete deck i snatched off a local crack-head. The sub crossover was passive on that car. Fond memories…

1 Like

Lol thats the best deals!

1 Like

My first system was 90 Honda Accord Alpine tape deck and 12 disc changer, Clarion 6.5 and Infinity 6.5 midbass speakers and amp was PPI white art sereis 4 channel amp.

1 Like

First car was a 1981 Honda Civic that only had an AM radio in it. I added a Radio Shack underdash tape deck, a power booster with EQ and put in a pair or 4" coax drivers in the dash and a pair of 5" coax in the doors.

1 Like

If not remembering to wrong…
Some pioneer CD player
Pioneer 5.25" coaxial’s in front and 6.5" in back.
Dragster DA 2002 amp
And Cerwing Vega 12" subwoofer. This is remember well, with the red color in logo and foam.

Wow… ummm. Long time ago… I was 17… 1969 Ford Falcon two door. Pulled a Craig 8 track player and whatever pair of speakers out of if I remember correctly, a 1966 Chevy II in a junk yard. Under dash for the 8 track player and rear deck for the speakers. Kind of dating myself, huh?

2 Likes

A stolen Alpine tape deck, you know the ones, where you have to butt connect and extend every single wire in the back after is was ripped out from the “donor” car. a couple amps, Alphasonic and Hifonics Odin? amp with and ADS active crossover with Boston Acoustics separates. Tweeter high in the door, a 5 1/4 in the stock door location. The tweeter could be installed on these triangular wedge things, but I didn’t like those so spent quite a few hours I’m sure installing them. The sub was an Alpine 6/9 dual coil thing. All very cool back in the day, all installed by me.

No garage, hell this was installed in front of the house. My first ever new car, an 85 Gti parked on the street and wires and crap all over the place. I remember a night around 11, I think this was in 87 or something like that. A guy came out of his house to yell at me cause I was “testing” my system. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kricket
Rockford Fosgate
ADS
Alpine
Clarion
Infinity
Boston Acoustics
Blaupunkt

What other “high end” brands from back in the day do you guys remember?

Phoenix Gold
LA Sound
Pyle
Kenwood
Clarion
HiFonics
ADS
MTX
AIWA (sp?)
All come to mind…so many more i can’t remember…EDIT: haha sorry, i just realized you said high end…scratch a few of those…

I always loved HiFonics naming their stuff after Greek gods.

1 Like