What was your first IEM? and What IEM got you serious into the Hobby?

nobody knew about graphs and tunings. i tried to auto eq it yesterday but the treble is so uneven and peaky i can’t even play anything above 40 db without it clipping hard :joy:

yes, the fit is still perfect. the noise isolation is brilliant too.

1 Like

That was my second one. Loved it back then. (first iem I had was the Sennheiser CX300-something)

Same.

1 Like

My good, that Bass shelf!! :rofl:
I almost am tempted to test it in some tip rolling, with the adapters included with azla xelastec/crystal tips. Could be fun :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

My first was the KZ ZS10 Pro ( shouty and V shaped, but not horrible for $50 back in 2020 ). The Moondrop Aria was my second, and it was close to what I was looking for, but a bit thin on the bass for my tastes.

I did try it some months ago for fun and only found myself MASSIVELY dissapointed in both the S4 and myself for loving it back then. :joy:

1 Like

First IEM I can remember rocking was probably some JVC Gummys. First ones that got me into the rabbit hole were the Soundmagic e80c. My decent into madness started with the Campfire Lyra II.

Etymotic ER4S back in the late 90s. My saxophone teacher gave them to me a couple months before the first time he called me up on stage to play with him and a group of musicians at a jazz festival just before my 13th birthday. I didn’t use them for listening to music at all. They were strictly used for monitoring on stage. The first pair I had that I remember using for listening to music was probably a pair of Shure SE530s I think…:thinking:

2 Likes

Shure E2C and UE Superfi 3

shure

4 Likes

Simgot EA500.

If a 80€ pair of headphones can do this, i imagine what else is in this rabbit hole.

Sold all my full size headphones and im waiting for the Thieaudio monarch mk3

3 Likes

imo don’t expect something extraordinary and out of this word. i thought the same and got disappointed hard when i spent much more. it gonna be better in some areas but not 10X times better, maybe not even 2 times better.

1 Like

This resonates closely with me. Started the hobby in 2007 with the Shure e2c. Fast forward to over 300 IEMs later (a third of which are still in my possession) and my life has never been the same since.

Bonus: left the hobby for a couple years, and came back to see if anything out there could trump my top 5. I now have a new top 5. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes