What's going on here?

not sure if its 20 posts but lately i have the same problem, so dont worry no anti canada agenda from HFG :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah, I have been getting the 20 post thing too. When I click the back button and then click the thread’s link again it takes me to the proper place from when I last visited though.

1 Like

I will have to try that.

1 Like

I am starting to get the problem now. And yes, exactly 20 posts back. Very annoying, this is.

yup, happening to me too.

FWIW, the issue seems to have resolved itself for me. I haven’t noticed it happening anymore for the last day and a half.

It started jumping back 20 posts again for the first time in several days this morning. Has anyone figured out what the cause is?

Nah, no idea also thought it stopped for one or two days but then it started again :crazy_face:

1 Like

The jumping back twenty posts thing is so annoying. It seems to happen like two-thirds of the times I try to open threads, if not more often. Anyone figure out a cause or a fix/workaround?

2 Likes

yes, I’ve noticed that’s started happening again. what’s the cause? it’s a very weird malfunction…

1 Like

HA! So I’m not crazy then. It seemed to go away for a while but it’s back. Annoying, this is…

1 Like

no, you are still definitely crazy…this is something else. :wink:

1 Like

Right! Had delusions of sanity there for a while. At this point in the proceedings, I’m afraid that is a bridge too far! :yum:

2 Likes

I swear this jumping back 20 posts thing is happening more than ever. No exaggeration, since I came back from a couple weeks away, it happens virtually every time I open a thread. It’s genuinely annoying! :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Strange thing is then it stops for no reason a while later and suddenly comes back :crazy_face::sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::tired_face::dizzy_face::clown_face::poop:

1 Like

Happens every single time for me. Unless I was in the thread earlier in my session.

I reported this issue some time ago, and it went away for some time, and it happens again. I’m using HiFiGuides on my laptop (browser: Waterforx).

Not sure what is causing it.

Personally on many different browsers I have not experienced this at all.
EDIT Using Safari with Duck duck go on Mobile, Edge, Chrome etc on different desktop PCs I have.

It’s nice to know this isn’t just happening to me. Practically every time I open a thread on mobile it jumps back some number of posts and may or may not give me the option of jumping back to where I left off.

The vast majority of my forum usage is mobile.

1 Like