What's your test songs?

Well testing or “testing” also mean 2 totally different things to dif. people.
True testing usually ain’t that fun. Well i like to find and focus on “flaws or errors” as to say.

After fixing those, you can actually start to have fun and listening song you know.

Works completly different.
It is a matter of mapping input bit patterns to X and Y to represent the same color as the images contain.

If you were to do the same for audio (oversimplified):

frequency = 0b00000000; //2^8 frequencies possible
volume = 0b0000; //2^8 volume levels possible
while(frequency < 0b11111111){
   while(volume < 0b11111111){
   playTone(volume, frequency);
   volume + 1;
   }
frequency + 1;
}

Edit: So you would listen to volume sweeps for each possible frequency, honestly, I would rather stuff a glowing needle down my ear…

1 Like

HAH!
I would be happy invite you to a testing session with sweeps.
Shall i heat up the needle red hot also and what size you usually like? :smiley: I kinda like to be exact.
I can get very large needles if you like really like em big.

Good universal description of the “process” for most of us.

1 Like

My question is, how do YOU fix them? By using software to alter the way the song is being resolved? If so, good job! You’ve learned how to make every headphone sound EXACTLY THE SAME. What I prefer to do is test out new shit on the shit I already have to figure out what it’s place is. Is it something I can just relax to, or something I want when I wanna hear every fucking little detail? Do I want something I can wear while playing CSGO or any other game where I need to not be distracted by extra bullshit rather then exactly where everything is? Or do I want something that I can simply enjoy a new world around me? Is there a certain genre of music that it just can’t resolve well? That’s what I do when I’m testing it. Not spending a few hours resisting the urge to blow my fucking brains out by forcing myself to listen to something I’m not going to enjoy.

Well with all the differences there are in different headphones. They still wont sound same, you know. Even if you level out them if that is the “software”?

Try to stay in subject.
i was meaning testing audio/songs in general so you need to take your “headphone only” vision off since testing tracks/songs can be used in many ways with many different systems or gear.

“My question is, how do YOU fix them?”

Well depends. Whatever that you want to test or figure out, learn more OR what might be issues or think that could there be? What is the “issue” then it might be fixable. You can’t just say sound is broken with XXXX. Like what?
Different type of tests and measurements can be made with proper test songs.
Most can’t figure or test various things with “Barbi Girl” tunes. That kinda was the… never mind.
There have been cases where people think something and what it is, totally different. That’s why testing is testing and “testing” is that girl in gym that eats protein bars and looks good.

So anything that’s not a track specifically made for testing is garbage when it comes to trying out new audio gear?
It’s like saying “You can’t truely run a CAD/CAM machine with a GeForce card when Quadros exist”. Yes, that is the kind of work a Quadro is ment to do. That doesn’t mean you can’t game with it, or that you can’t do professional work with a GeForce card (simply using Nvidia as an example).

1 Like

That’s not it…
For testing a specific thing, it probably is not usable. Could be.
Still not a Geforce topic. Just pointing out the Real Test songs for Testing.

You can use garbage if that is the level you want test.

Then what IS IT?

It’s a comparison, and you’re blowing it off.

Just pointing out real Workstation Cards for Working.

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. I guess it’s good that you enjoy your trash.

Aight let’s calm down here lol. I get what both of you are trying to say, but I think it’s just coming off wrong

Might have been the Barbi Girl that got him? lol
i stop now. Hear you M0N.

Albums mostly for me…

and one for the snowflake millennial’s from the jazz boomers :kissing_heart: :smiley:

5 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan-Tin Pan Alley–the bonus track on Texas Flood

Lol

Ok boomerphile…

7 Likes

Red song by Suuns

Tropocalia by Beck

Pale Green Ghosts by John Grant

Oldie I use every now and then, good “air” good stereo separation and imaging/location and pretty decent dynamic range for pop R&B.

I’ve been using the same test tracks for about a year or so now.

-Hotel California by The Eagles (test all timbre and tonality, guitars and drums)
-BBK by Korn (treble fatigue)
-The Lion The Beast The Beat by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals (female vocals)
-Elevators by Outkast (sub-bass)
-I’ll Be Around by The Spinners (good Motown song to test iffy recordings)
-Better Off Alone by Alice Deejay (female vocals, keyboards)
-Hurricane by Bob Dylan (acoustic guitars)
-Digital Bath by Deftones (distorted guitar, male vocals, percussion)
-Superstar by Carpenters (king of the female vocals test)

1 Like

Used to have this “test CD” that i’ve burned on a CDR with a few ripped songs… think the playlist was something like this :

Dire straits - calling elvis
Dire straits - Iron Hand
AC/DC - highway to hell
E-Z Rollers - Walk this land
Lou Reed - Perfect day
Nina Simone - Sinnerman (live in new york)
Curtis Mayfield -move on up
Radiohead - Karma Police
Air - All i need
Portishead - Roads
Reef- Consideration

Most of the songs was chosen due to the fact that i liked them very much and had heard them on various equipment and knew how i liked them to sound.

1 Like

Take a look at the Chesky Records catalogue. It has a vast collection of great music with excellent recording quality. Even they have a “Ultimate headphone Demo Disc” featuring the great Steve Guttemberg (The audiophiliac, not the actor) :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t buy or try new equipment that often, but when I do usually throw this on https://youtu.be/rIMm0swerow

1 Like