Which $100-200 IEMs to keep?

Alright. Loving both the Starfields and FH3. Still love the Legacy 3 and feel like my set isn’t a dud whatsoever. P1 is so unique I’m apprehensive to let it go. Anyone have any insight as to which of the four have the most or least longevity in their collections? My wallet would prefer if I returned or sold at least one of them. If they are all different enough in sound signature and similar in overall quality I may old off on returning or selling any until I get used to or bored of any of them. Why so many good options in this price range smh

Recent pickups

• Moondrop Starfields

• Fiio FH3

Owned for a few months and ~year respectfully

• Thieaudio Legacy 3

• Tin P1

In my opinion I would keep the P1 and FH3, the FH3 trumps the Starfields and whilst the Legacy 3 is nice, and you’re lucky to not have a dud set, I still think the FH3 is the higher regarded set.
The P1 is just too unique to sell, I’d keep that, as well as the FH3.
The other two I’d return/sell if I only had to keep 2, if I could keep 3 I’d also have the Legacy 3 but YMYM.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Interesting to think about. Yeah the FH3 and Legacy 3 are pretty similar sound signature, hard to say the FH3 is a linear upgrade to me, but I was kind of thinking along the same lines as you a bit. I’m close to identifying the Starfields as the weakest set but it’s nice having a more relaxed sound signature option and I don’t find them boring at all when compared to the others. Tough decisions

it is and of course at the end of the day it’s up to you. Personally I’d find the star fields there the weakest set, I much prefer my FH3 which were an upgrade from the Legacy 3 and star fields. The star fields are more relaxed though you are right, it’s all about whether or not you prefer that signature and it’s worth keeping

1 Like

Decided to return the Starfields. The FH3 are so impressive it’s crazy. Thinking I can always pick up a used set of Starfields for at least $30-40 less than msrp which is a more reasonable for price for their use case for me. Thanks again for your advice👍

1 Like

No problem mate, enjoy them as much as I do

I will keep the FH3(godly for edm and hiphop) and sell the rest and buy the Mangird Tea if you really want an UPGRADE I got mine 210$ used

1 Like

I gotta get into a pair of IEMs, still using my P2 bought well over two years ago. I’m jumping on the FH3 head first, a good stocking stuffer. Nice to learn via the experiences of others. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Might pickup the mangird if I ever decide to let go of my Legacy 3. Idk might wait on newer options too

In my opinion you already have a great selection of budget IEMs, maybe save up for some mid tier gear next?
Just a thought

1 Like

Maybe keep the ones you enjoy most?

1 Like

I don’t know man but this is what I say like the others, keep the ones that you enjoy the most listening with and the one that you just feel any sentiment towards it for that is what I do as well with my IEMs and headphones.

If I was in your position though, not going to lie, it is going to be tough for me because OMFG those are like one of the upper echelons of IEMs. I mean come on, FH3? P1? Legacy 3 and my most favorite the Starfield?! Jesus!

If I am going to chose 2 to keep and I know it’s going to be tough, I would choose the Starfields and the P1s since the sounds of those two are much more suitable to a guy like me who prefers their sounds as accurate as possible, though it is going to be a BAKA MITAI moment if I sold the FH3 and Legacy 3, because those two are also freaking good.

3 Likes