Which headphone and why

I’m glad I live in a very cold climate where have the time it’s winter and snowing lol. But summer does bring bugs but they don’t seem to really get in my house

true I am filipino and get all that not even just insect but like lizard shit and where I used to live

No one is crazy enough to spend a months paycheck on a pair of headphones, DAC and an AMP XD . My friends mostly spend on cigarettes and food. They never truly listen with a good pair of cans and opt for the standard earphones on the street or what they get with their phones.

quick fact cheack apparently exagerated on the price of the rod its like $550 as well as the reel which is anoth $300. my dad wanted an upgrade and the setup I was talking about was that not what he currently has

I understand what you mean. when it comes to something we like there is no limits on how much we spend hence why we have fun little groups and communities like this one.

1 Like

true I do ake enough money now that I honestly could buy any of the headphones listed without hurting me much financially just a small setback if not for my cheap asian tendencies stopping me. you do you and dont let anyone but your fiancial situation stop you

1 Like

Now that’s some good advice right there lol. Very well put

Also chifi can quickly become an addition (if I look at some other people I know)

2 Likes

all my friends are you do you mode. I have one really into watches, one who buys $250 action figures up to $3000 statues, one really into out doorsy gear loves rock cliimbing huning fishing, one is really into D and D and audio. and I do audio, Anime but also everyone else’s hobbies in my inner circle in varrying degrees. I live by you do you or at least try to

1 Like

Also It’s nice to be around other people who are passionate about other hobbies, as they can introduce you to some really neat stuff. My friend had to go and introduce me to a nice mech keyboard and dang it I can’t start buying multiples of those. I have to just enjoy the one I have, but now I get tempted by keycaps and new boards and stuff. I really want a Kono Kira with halo switches now but I don’t want to spend that much lol

2 Likes

I wish chifi wasn’t so cheap I really want to get a pair of blon B8’s just cause I like the wood and fits my brown/beige street wear aesthetic in the winter and nothing really else

1 Like

lol so glad I dont have anyone like that cause I can easily fall in that hobby with artisan key caps and dumb bullshit like that. most of my friends prefer membrane or chicklet key boards and I hope it stays like that

I already bought 2 keycap sets please help I’m falling in (but they were cheap sets at least)

thats how it starts. for real thoough really want to get some neon purple and pink key caps

1 Like

What is that mech keyboard ? what switches ?

A Varmilo VA87M with clears and a broken windows key that drives me up the wall. When I was changing the keycaps with a super light amount of pressure, the stem came out of the switch and I have replacement switches but am too nervous to open it and de-solder and re-solder the switch.

I use a ducky one 2 with blues

1 Like

The mechanical keyboard thing is how I found Massdrop.
My wife finds it amusing that I own a dozen or so keyboards.

1 Like

I’ve been soldering for a lot of years and desoldering mechanical switches without destroying them is not fun. If your replacing the switch it’s easy enough, it’s just getting the solder off both pins so you can remove it if you want to save the switch.

I have a VA87, and I like it a lot.
The Ducky’s are nice keyboards I have a year of the Dog with Browns.
I have 2 CTRL’s I primarily use, one with Halo trues and one with Holy Pandas, both have GMK keysets on them.

I am actually mainly worried about getting the plastic casing off without deforming or breaking the case. It seems easy enough but I can’t seem to get it off without feeling like it will break. I don’t have to worry about saving the switch I am removing since it’s pretty much destroyed.

I’ve not taken the varmilo apart, so I can’t help with that.
They do sell aluminum case upgrades for them though…