Which one should I purchase first? Moondrop Starfields, BLON BL-05, Thieaudio Legacy 3 or Tin HiFi T2 Plus?

So right now, I am either leaning towards the Tin HiFi T2 Plus or the Moondrop Starfield. Now I have a suggestion to myself, I could get the T2 Plus for a price that I can buy with ease but suffer the urges to buy some new stuff coming out due to the extra money that I have from it. Or, buy the Moondrop Starfield that is going to be much expensive thant the T2 Plus but at least for the price, you’re getting a top-notch IEM that has an overall improvement over the Tin T2s or any IEMs that I still use and that will save me a lot of money in the long run.

1 Like

I’ve got the Starfields and I have no desire to upgrade from it. If you’re into a balanced sound signature with just the right amount of oomph in the bass and smooth highs, just get em and be done with IEMs til they break.

1 Like

Have to second this…
I have t2, P1, and starfields
Starfields are my go to more and more.
I keep my P1 at desktop.
T2 will probably be passed onto my girlfriend

1 Like

Yeah my T2s had a long good run, but I think I am still going to use it despite having my Starfields right now. Man the Starfields when I received them are the improved version of the T2s, and it goes neck-in-neck with the BL03s I own.

Hello, i’ve got the T2 (not the pro) for a few weeks, and will receive the Starfield today…
I"m using them with a Galaxy S8, and my first advice is try the best application to run them.
I really enjoy the T2, there are not perfect but so pleasant.
Many says they lack bass, it is not all way true. Sub-bass are often a bit too shy, but mid bass are really punchy, entertaining. I love mids and trebles, they sound bright and airy, even if you can hear sometimes a bit of harshness in some high frequencies. But, it doesn’t really matter, i can listen to them for hours.
They sound realy good on bands like ACDC, Steven Wilson, Franck Carter, Ben Howard, Depeche Mode (surprising!)etc. . I don’t know why but bass and Sub-bass on Depeche Mode Live Spirits album are really there! Maybe depends of what you are hearing.
Anyway, for the price T2 are a bargain at their price. I’m no longer listening my AKG N60 NC.

2 Likes

Tried the Starfield:
They are cleaner, have more bass (not too much) and sounds really good, as mids and treble sounds good too. Soundstage is as wide as T2, but different, more frontal (especially for voices).
They are very comfortable, and tips fits well to me.
But T2 still defends well! Starfield is for sure an overall improvment, it is warmer, deeper, cleaner, and a little bit less bright, never harsh. It is not a huge improvment.
It helped me to realize how good are the T2 for their price, and even without considering that…
And they are still some songs with T2 that, imo, sounds equal in term of pleasure (acoustic guitar). It can have sometimes more attack. Of course i need more time, but i think i will listen the T2 sometimes.
Using FIIO apps, better than Poweramp imo.
Great value for these 2 iems.

2 Likes

What sound are you looking for?Asking abroad and wide question like the one you ask isn’t helping us help you. So I could easily ask ,why arent you considering the fiio fh3?they are getting great reviews left and right f.y.i.

Good to know then and thanks for the suggestion. Though I no longer have problems about the first IEM that I will buy since I already have my Starfields this week, but yeah I should have been more specific in terms of sounds but it’s hard man, I cannot just choose a single sound signature lol.

But yeah, I’ll keep the FH3s in mind if I have the budget for it again, but for now I’ll be going back to buying headphones since my headphones are lacking in terms of collection.

Darn this “hobby”, I’m in same quandary, just starting my IEM journey and many of these same IEM have peaked my interest. only other to question might be TC-01? I’m budget minded, but can afford it if its good , struggling … between L3, FH3, BL03, Urbanfun, TC01. I have headsets that are SHP9500, Sony wh1000xm3. like robust bottom end of sony. but like the openness of the SHP but it missing the robust bottom end I like. So looking for IEM that combines the 2. Or better… leaning FH3 as the Be drivers typically seem to be fast and clean with punch typically without the bleed or muddiness. Thoughts… love you guys, great community.

Fiio FH3 is what comes to my mind when it comes to an IEM that can be versatile in terms of the sounds. Same goes to the BLON BL03 but those you need some ear tips replacement and cable replacement in order to make it more luxurious to the feel since its overall sounds are fun, therefore enjoyment of longer listening sessions.

1 Like

Yeah BL03 are a 2nd or 3rd set if you ask me, when their value isn’t compromised by having to buy the other stuff they need to excel.

T2 if really budget conscious, as they need nothing to really be a good benchmark IEM.
Starfields if you want something you could easily consider endgame if you left the hobby immediately after buying them… you won’t, but you could.

As an owner of the Starfields, yeah that statement is true for it replaced the T2s that I have been using a lot back then as my primary IEM along with the BL03s.