Which type of driver do you use the most?

Its quite something. I grew up in the 80’s listening to my stereo and when i tried the Auteur it transported me back there. The music sounded the way it used to. i was really surprised. Its sound is very neutral and really good for older music i think. The tubes give it more bass and soundstage.

No they don’t lol…just offer a different perspectives, no wrong no right…it just depends on what you’re looking for and how you feel…sometimes it’s just all about the music :peace_symbol:

Maybe you need to try a detailed IEM?..

Yeah im still thinking about getting a IEM’s. i have a bunch of recommendations. i’ll add this to the list

1 Like

You like your detail as I do then this set is up there for sure :+1:

these dauys I very much prefer my dynamics more than planar planar has some unique sound characteristics that I appreciate but I like my bass too much to keep using it for other music it just sounds more dynamic I guess

Ones a square and ones a circle

I switch between all of them constantly. I’m not sure where my preference lies. Variety is the spice of life. So they say.

1 Like

One strength often attributed to dynamic over planar is naturalness of timbre. Apparently planars often have a very slight metallic? or plastic? tinge to their sound. But lately I’ve been coming across references to a slight metallic timbre re Focal headphones – and not just the Utopia. Do the very structural properties of a metal or plastic driver material that impart the desirable quality of speed have the downside of a slightly unnatural timbre?

(I’m struggling with vocabulary here. Hopefully you get the gist.)

I prefer dynamics, and I’m mostly an IEM user. Although, I do like the Brainwavz B100 for its neutrality, and that’s a 1 BA IEM.

Implementation is the key, whether a driver is estat, planar or pistonic is less important than implementation.