Who are your favorite female vocalists

One of my favorite singers ever is Norah Jones. Not only because of her voice but also because of the quality of all her recordings and the style of music itself.

4 Likes

Iā€™m loving some of the suggestions in this thread. Here are a couple of my favorites I havenā€™t seen:

Lake Street Dive:

3 Likes

Sharon Jones (RIP):

Lydia Loveless-maybe my favorite:

I dig Courtney Love too. If you are looking for a similar rock/punk voice, check out the Distillers. Brody Dalle would have been one of my favorites if only she recorded more:

https://youtu.be/tGQ_xx1mIoU Casey Lee Williams

Listening to the new Beth Hart Album on Spotifyā€¦ Love her voice and styleā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but one of my favorites is Sia. I know she does a lot of pop music (I donā€™t really care for pop anyways), but thereā€™s something about her voice that sounds really unique to me. Not necessarily the music itself but her voice.

1 Like

Yeah, I wanna hit that Like button for the vocal qualities, but these later materials sheā€™s doing as her own act just arenā€™t clicking with me the way things were clicking when she was part of Zero 7.

4 Likes

See I didnā€™t even know she was in a band before :stuck_out_tongue:. Thatā€™s pretty cool.

1 Like

We named our barge after this song :+1:

Oopsie-daisies, looks like Zero 7 was two guys and they just got a few female vocalists to do the singing for them on various tracks here and there. Only a few of those were with Sia, and apparently ā€œIn the Waiting Lineā€ isnā€™t one of them. Just found that out now.

I mean all my reccomendations I put up aside from Regina was pop. I would just give you flak cause Sia is just not.my personal taste.

1 Like

My absolute favourite, right now is Florence Welsh from Florence and the Machine. I bought all four albums, although the last one was a little disappointing.

Current; Bishop Briggs, K. Flay, Lana Del Rey, Ruby Waters, The Beaches and a project called Mercury Rev featuring many female vocalists singing Bobbie Gentry. I was surprised by how much I enjoy this last album.

1 Like

This is a GREAT album. First song to last.

1 Like

Why would that be a bad thing?? Hereā€™s to rock bitches!!! :metal:

1 Like