Who knows this headphone

Hi.
We had this headphone in our university library and I only have this photo from it. The sound was great. Anyone knows the model?
Thank you

You are much better off trying to contact the library/university about it, or if the headphones are still there, to visit in person and check.

1 Like

welcome to HFG, mostafa!

they sorta look like something from Grado…but a model with metal cups rather than wood, so if I’m on the ball that limits which they could be.

1 Like

Thank you Voja for your suggestion. I exactly did that and got the result. I googled “Hong Kong PolyU library headphone” and found a photo of two headphones shown as library facilities in the library website, but no model information. I then used google image search and found a similar photo in a Quora.com discussion. I had to buy a one month subscription to see the full comments. Finally I accessed the photo and the model in a Quora comment. The model number was wrong, but from the photo it was Panasonic. I searched for all Panasonic headphones and finally found it. Panasonic RP-HXD3W :smiley:
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-HXD3W-K-Headphones-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00BUL5AA8

3 Likes

Thank you Marzipan for your response. I found it. it was Panasonic RP-HXD3W

2 Likes

Very happy to hear that!

Now that you say it, it makes sense. Philips, Panasonic, Sony, they make these kind of looking cheap headphones. But if you didn’t mention Panasonic, I would’ve never remembered about it!

A bummer that you had to get a subscription for Quora, but am truthfully happy that you found the headphones =D

Well, the good news is that the subscription could be canceled in the first month so I did that :smiley:
I was going to buy that headphone but it seems it is discontinued. I went though the reviews and realized that the sound quality is not so good actually. I don’t know why I was impressed by the quality at that time (around 2016) :smiley: , but I’m really happy that I finally found it

1 Like

Fair enough.

I know how it feels to be looking for something and finally finding it. Sometimes it takes years, sometimes a couple of hours, and then there are times when you never find it :confused:

1 Like

Exactly true :smiley:

1 Like