Worth reading and fun headphone guide

Yeah like most audiophiles he loves the neutral. i used to like neutral till i started hearing the better v,u,w shaped headphones.

Also he loves the elex but called it neutral.

I actually haven’t got to listen to any W signatures I don’t think. I typically stand by Neutral bright or V signatures but I do love warm tones. I hate like 95% of dark tones outside of the nighthawks. eh, I will count him as someone whos far too biased as a reviewer… I don’t prefer to review things myself due to my subtle biased viewpoint towards V and Bright signatures however, if I do review something outside my preference I definitely try to give it the benefit

well he does say its a “Mild V shape”

Have you gotten the Helios yet? you did order it i thought you said. its really awesome you should try it

Well, ya see. I did order it. Then I had some other stuff come up causing me to cancel it. I have been sitting down with the T1 Balanced + Liquid Platinum + Bifrost 2. Also Balanced my aeon open x on this thing and for the life of me I haven’t considered trying other alternatives at this moment lmao. It’s unfortunate that I will be sending back the T1 amp and dac as they are only auditioners. I will have to buy these later on a sale. Sound to die for especially on my aeons. The helios is described as a V shape with a fairly decent sized sound stage, sounds like its closed to a 58x level of staging, while being fairly aggressive. It honestly sounds like a damn dt 990 just not as sharp and a smaller stage lol. Waiting it out a bit to see if someone somewhere will offer a return policy so I can sit with the helios for a few days and see if I realy want the headphone or not

yes thats true. its a U shaped headphone with 58x like soundstage and a agressive/exciting sound. but what they fail to mention and what i had trouble describing before is its presentation. Its got a Big driver/speaker like presentation. that just makes it sound really fantastic.

I recently re-listened to and compared all my headphones and one of the things that surprised me was how different this headphone sounded compared to all the others. And i think its the presentation that does it. also its great treble and detail, good bass just makes it my favorite headphone right now and i have some truly great headphones

To many who don’t like that much bass they can be perceived as muddy

1 Like