Would a Drop + THX AAA™ 789 power the 600ohm beyer?

The dt880 is not balanced, it uses a 1/4 inch ts unbalanced plug. The 789 is mainly designed as a balanced amp, and therefore preforms better with balanced headphones, where the 880 cannot be balanced unless modded, you would have to pretty much rewire both cups to turn them into balanced, you can’t just convert the 1/4 inch to xlr

yeah i would mod it
i would never get that amp without forcing all my headphones balanced
so, now whats the take?
it would be with the balanced dac too

Still not my preference imo, the treble will be very over elevated and oversharp imo, but it would have no issues getting real loud volume wise

oh okay thanks
sharp as in 58x sharp or sharper?
the 58x is about my peak in sharpness tbh
i really had to burn in my ears with them (dmg them prolly) to stand them on certain music

Then the beyer is going to be an eye opener in not a good way lol. You would want to most likely not consider a beyer then if you are concerned with treble sharpness. A beyer that might be tolerable to you would most likely be the 177x go or a tygr 300 r but I still might be mildly concerned

4 Likes

i was actually eyeing the 177x go HAHAHA
headphone world still too smol :frowning:

The nice thing about the 177x go is that with a cable from like hart audio (or another custom cable) you can make it balanced with no modding

3 Likes

Huh, by the way, the 789 is 300$. Not 150$.

2 Likes

i can post again M0N said
YES, i know
and for some god forsaken reason, i randomly forgot this
i really dont evenb know how i retroactively overwrote the memory of the price with ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY? LIKE BRAIN DAMAGE?
i should just be buying a caretaker, not audio gear

1 Like

dude its a ratirl emote