Would the schiit stack work with the goxlr mini?

I own both schiit magni and modi but have no idea if i can pair all 3 up to work together. Is there anyway to get them working together so I can control the audio through the sliders of the goxlr mini?

There are several solutions, but none will be ideal. The best way would probably be to use something like the new BEACN Mix Create instead of a Goxlr, if you want the mixing features on your DAC.

First of all: there will be no way of monitoring your mic in your headphones, at least not without a noticeable delay. So if you want to monitor your microphone, the best way is just to connect your Schiit Magni directly to the goxlr and use that as a dac.

The goxlr will give you 3 Microphone inputs. The Chat Mic, Broadcast Stream Mix and Sample. You can use either the Broadcast Stream Mix or the Sample Input and send it to your DAC. If you use a single pc setup you might want to prefer the Sample, because you probably want to use the Broadcast stream mix for obs. if you use a dual pc setup, you can choose whatever you want.

1. The easiest solution would be to just choose what you want to hear on your headphones, route it to the Sampler (or broadcast stream mix) inside the goxlr software, then go into your windows recording devices settings, click on settings of the Sample Input (or broadcast stream mix) and use the “listen to this” feature to send it to your DAC. The big drawback of this is, that this will add latency which might be too much latency for gaming.

2. If your motherboard has an optical output, you can use it as main output device for your game and then use an optical splitter (which costs like 20 bucks) to run one output into the dac and the other one into the goxlr. then you you put everything else you want to hear on your headphones on the Sampler and use the windows “listen to this” feature to send it to your optical output. in the goxlr routing you will have to to disable everything but the Console and Mic for the Broadcast Stream Mix (or line out if you have a dual pc setup), so the stream wont hear an echo of the music/chat channel. The advantage of this method is, that the added latency will only affect your music/chat and not the game, disadvantage is that you cannot control the game volume with a goxlr-slider.

3. By using the Voicemeeter Software and a DAC that has asio drivers (im not sure if your Schiit DAC has them). It basically works the same as solution 1, but instead using windows “listen to this” feature to send it to your dac, you can route the sample/broadcast stream mix inside Voicemeeter to the ASIO input of your DAC, which will have less latency than the windows “listen to this” feature.

Can’t you just use line in from the Modi and use the line out of the Go XLR to the Magni?

I was also thinking of the optimal DAC AMP and interface integration and I would just use a normal mic interface for the MIC only and a good DAC amp combo for PC audio.

To mix it with gaming console audio, another DAC would be needed and combined with the other PC DAC using a normal analoge mixing interface which then goes into the amp.

The Go XLR is certainly the more elegant solution

You mean running the line out of the modi to the line in of the goxlr and then from the line out of the go xlr to the magni? That would be a bad solution, which basically makes the modi obsolete, since the final digital to analog conversion would be done by the Goxlr anyway.

You would basically convert the Digital Signal to Analog by the Modi, which sends it to the Goxlr, which will convert it from analog to digital, runs it through its internal mixing/routing and then converts it back to analog again to send it to the Magni. There would be a lot of unnecessary conversions in this setup.

You’re right, I forgot that the go xlr converts everything to digital.
I would honestly just use those components as individual setups.
The go xlr is not made for good sound quality so I wouldn’t bother integrating it into the Schiit setup

Like others have said: Yes you can, it would move all the D/A conversion to the goXLR though.

If you already have all the devices, get yourself two RCA-to-3.5mm TRS cables (example below), then hook your Modi to the Line-In on the back of the goXLR. The Magni then gets connected to the Line-Out in the back of the goXLR.

That would achieve nothing tho. You said it yourself, all the D/A conversion would be happening by the GoXLR anyway. So it makes absolutley no sense to use it in that way, it might just degrade the signal.

Just connecting the Magni to the Goxlrs Output and using the GoXLR as main output in Windows would achieve the same thing. The Modi is not needed at all.

Unless you want another audio device to be available.
Quality wise, yes, it would be useless.

I am very new to all of this and I am glad I stumbled on this post. Just making sure before I purchase the Magni. Running the magni to the Goxlrs output would help drive higher impedance headphones right? that is all I am needing right now honestly.