šŸ”· xDuoo MT-604

Listening 604 and P1ā€™s to thisā€¦

Sounds dope to me, detail, speed, precision but with a bigger soundstage and better bass compared to just the DX300 Amp12ā€¦thatā€™s a cheap synergy flip :upside_down_face:

You shouldnā€™t need matched as you have 2 channel gain adjustment :+1:

4.4 IEMatc? Canā€™t confirm or deny outside of the fact we know how much you guys want it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to then :wink:

How about a big chonking 4 pin xlr iematch? Lol. Just thinking about the size seems ridiculous but I bet theres people that would need it I suppose.

are allā€¦

Really 4.4 is the audio interface kingā€¦no big ass xlr connectors, no 2.5mm busted stuffā€¦simples :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

"Tone2 Pro keeps getting better and better. Firmware v1.30 is out.

• Added the pre-amp feature (when enabled, line-out volume is controlled by the volume knob)
  • Added LED indicator lights for pre-amp (3 green lights)
  • Added a feature in which the volume gradually increases from zero on startup

Now it acts as a pre-amp and lets you control the volume also in line-out mode. This made xDuoo MT-604 the perfect headphone AMP for IEMs with 2 stage volume control (volume is controlled on both devices)."

I think MT-604 can be used perfectly for IEMs, this is how I managed it.

Yeah I wish my soloist had 4.4 sometimes but everytime I have an accident and yank my headphones standing up or walking 3 feet away from my desk to open or close my window Iā€™m glad Iā€™m plugged in with a 4 pin xlr. 4.4 would never put up with the clumsy everyday use that 4 pin xlr does. Itā€™s not even debatable. Itā€™s far more robust. Mobile wise 2.5 needs to die and 4.4 isnā€™t some kind of major size increase that warrants keeping those fragile ass 2.5 connections.

1 Like

Now owning a ZEN DAC V2 and an A90 (different chains) I have to agree with this takeā€¦

ā€¦and what sets do you find ā€œcan be used perfectly for IEM useā€?..troll we wonā€™t do :man_shrugging:

What do you mean? What troll?

Your channel hype :wink: so what sets are you running from your 604 before I get bored :sleeping:

Having trouble understanding you, what is channel hype? Are you talking about my blog?

Yeah me too bro :wink:

I wish the 4.4 Pentaconn was being rolled out to more balanced systems as the default balanced connector, and Iā€™m pretty sure we will see that in the near future. But until thenā€¦ I like my big olā€™ XLR connectors. That is all you see in my system. No issues with them here.

I can see me picking up one of these little MT-604 gems as a preamp someday. I like it!

1 Like

OK guys iā€™m getting an earth type hum with this amp, not audible when playing but when not very much yesā€¦touch the amp and it goes away one anyone @MazeFrame got any idea how to sort this please? :pray:

:beers:

Since touching it makes it go away, I would try grounding the amp to, well, ground.
A simple kit with a ground wall adapter and one clamp should be enough.
Or you bend open an old coathanger and stick some tinfoil in some slit or under some screwā€¦

1 Like

Cool thanks for the reply buddy :beers: just two more thingsā€¦would this work itā€™s UK over here
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Standard-Grounding-Earthing-Pillowcase-Resistance/dp/B08TM1M53Y/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Grounding+plug&qid=1634129719&qsid=261-7140206-8949460&sr=8-3&sres=B08TM1M53Y%2CB08QRBBG9P%2CB07S2PPQWF%2CB005NZB5GK%2CB08G3D3TKD%2CB08JLN4JBX%2CB08JHS7B2N%2CB094ZQG2GP%2CB091777DW7%2CB08G3JRRTL%2CB07W71HM7R%2CB092LF55ZP%2CB000I2JX3A%2CB07KT9J57K%2CB08TLY2BJX%2CB092S5MXTFšŸ˜ƒ and two why is it doing it :man_shrugging:

You need to somehow attach a ground to the device.

Since it has balanced input, check one thing: What happens when you touch the source device (DAC?) while nothing is playing?
If this makes the hum go away, it is a floating ground problem (= something a little ground wire can fix). Else it is something else and you should wait throwing money out for a ground strap.

When I am correct with my theory, the ground of your entire hifi chain is separated from earth (= no electrical connection between ground and earth).
Since transformers are subject to the laws of physics, they capacitively couple a little voltage from the power grid to the device side. When that voltage difference canā€™t even out, you now have voltage rising and falling in respect to earth at 50 (or 60) Hz.

1 Like

Thanks buddy Iā€™ll check out what youā€™ve advisedā€¦I havenā€™t got time today but Iā€™m on it :beers:

1 Like