šŸ”· xDuoo MT-604

Thank you for the advice.

1 Like

I have the MT 602 and itā€™s a great little hybrid amp but its a definite no go for IEMs. Would not recommend: channel imbalance on low volume and hissing on a good number of the IEMs I tried because of a lack of gain.

1 Like

Cool what IEMā€™s did you use with it?

I used my Tin T2 first and there was the occasional hiss. Then I tried the GS Audio GD3A and it was worse, the only other IEMs I have lying around are some KZ lol. Not gonna even bother.

Love the MT 602 with my 58x, though no effect from the tubes. Also tried the Ks LBBS(little black bell) earphone, oddly it was the most responsive to the tubes with a slight warmth.

Overall, lacks as an amp(edit: I mean in features) but I think itā€™s a good deal if you have a bunch of headphones and no need for a balanced input. Would highly recommend at its price point :grinning:

1 Like

Here is a link for 4 x Mullard 5654 (matched)

2 Likes

Cool, so do you recommend the MT-604 for planar IEMs like P1, and 7hz timeless?

Thank you for the link :grinning:

I couldnā€™t say. I donā€™t use IEMs at home. I only use them when commuting. And I donā€™t own either of them. I use the GL2000 on the M604 it works brilliantly, as it does with all my other headphones. As the output for the M604 is A Class I canā€™t see why planar IEMs would be any different. Other reviews have inferred that the P1 is a bit bright and the tubes may mellow that out a little.
I also have the Loxjie P20 which worked equally as well. You could always order the M604 from Amazon, and If you donā€™t like it, send it back.

2 Likes

Mine should be here tomorrow so Iā€™ll give my P1ā€™s the tubey berries :muscle::muscle::boom: and see what happensā€¦

PSā€¦if it works good then Iā€™ll get a nice set of quad matched NOS tubes/valves to go with :+1:

1 Like

Congrats!

I hope soā€¦ But I am not sure about the Timeless tho.

The P1 is still one of my favorite IEM.

1 Like

Well the ampā€™s in but numpty here thought he had a 4.4mm to 4.4mmā€¦but numpty doesnā€™t :woozy_face: so ordered a very nice and expensive iFi one which I should be able to pick up before the weekend :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I hate when that happensā€¦

1 Like

Well done :clap: Amazon uk, ordered the iFi 4.4 to 4.4 yesterday afternoon and delivered todayā€¦everything now in place to test the P1ā€™s (awaiting the Timeless) gonna let the tubes burn in till the weekend and weā€™ll see how IEM planarā€™s respond to a hybrid tube input as thereā€™s no way on gods earth Iā€™ll eq :shushing_face:ā€¦actually feeling quite excited :astonished:ā€¦

3 Likes

Damn if anyone else can jam this on their P1ā€™s + 604 then enjoy :sunglasses:ā€¦

No bass???

I canā€™t wait to try this amp with the Timeless, It just makes the P1 an even bigger audio gemā€¦trying with Z1Rā€™s but the bass gets a bit boomy for me but the soundstage is wider if thatā€™s possible on that set :open_mouth:ā€¦almost HP like if I can remember what HPā€™s stage like lolā€¦
One thing reinforced here is that synergy can make or break a set imho, yes you can graph sets, and yes compare them using the same chain but that wonā€™t necessarily get the best out of themā€¦

2 Likes

You gonna look into more portable tube options now? :smirk:

Probably not as I only use my stuff on the barge ie at homeā€¦The C9 would be my most looked at tube solution but that would hiss with my Campfire crewā€¦some folks reckon a nu-tube amp card is in development for the DX300 :man_shrugging: but I do prefer battery devices given my circumstances so maybe a C9 when iFi do a 4.4 iEMatch :+1:

1 Like

There are a few others outside of the c9 too like the phatlab phantasy II for example, I do like the look of the portable amp options that are around right now, although tube ones seem to be a bit rarer. I also would love a 4.4mm iEMatch, Iā€™d rather switch to all 4.4mm.

1 Like

Yeah come on @sebastien_chiu_iFi kick some butt :+1:

Yep but ainā€™t that single ended?..now running 4.4ā€™s :disappointed_relieved:

The original was 6.35mm, they updated it with 4.4mm :wink:

1 Like

cool that makes sense :+1:

1 Like