🔷 Xduoo TA-10

This is the official thread for the Xduoo TA-10. This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• 2.0wpc
  • Daclifier
  • Balanced

:red_circle: HifiGuides Amazon link

Reviews…

1 Like

Great review Zeos, I love/d mine too. Almost the equal to my 788, but different due to tube rolling awesomeness. Also it does come with the guard so they prob. didn’t send it with one, the magnets fall out easily anyway so your not missing much, maybe they will send you one. :smile:

Edit: get the TA-20…do it for us…and balanced! :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,
Will it Play well with akg k712 pro?
Thx

My roommate uses it for his 7XXs from time to time, I’d imagine that the K712 is not that different. It is class A on the output and the tube magic from it keeps all the detail, but smooths out peaks I feel. He also uses SHP9500 and M1060s on it and it sounds good with everything I’ve run on it too.

I saw one used for 135. Mmmhhhh I don’t know. This last week already spent a lot of money…

Have anyone used this whit hifiman arya?

How do I know if something is “truly balanced”? Can I use an IFI Zen amp with a 4.4mm to duel xlr cable to input into this and have it “balanced” or would I need another balanced dac dedicated to this to pair with this thing?

The better question is why do you care?
Balanced is not in and of itself a significant advantage.

For a balanced DAC or a differential Amp it can make a difference to output balanced vs Single ended, since the latter requires an additional summing circuit.
But there are a lot of very good Single ended designs.

The easiest way to tell if something is probably differential all the way through is usually to look at the volume pot, a true differential design requires a 4 way pot, and they are significantly more expensive than 2 way pots, so if someone includes one they are probably at least partly differential.

1 Like

:thinking: so you’re saying I should be fine either way? I only ask because in z’s review he says you need a separate dac for the ta-20 (which I’m only now realizing this is not the correct thread lol). Anyway I assumed a balanced dac would be a better pair after the loxjie review of his too.

TA-20 does not include a DAC, so you need a separate on, the TA-10 does include a DAC so it doesn’t.
The “advantage” of balanced designs is they start with 2x the voltage on the input, and therefore can get away with less Gain.
The disadvantage is if the amp is really balanced all the way through (differential design) you need in effect 4 amplifiers instead of 2, and ideally it all needs to be matched perfectly.

The TA20 uses 2 12AU7’s each of which is a dual Triode, so my guess it at least some of it internally is balanced.

Some amps with balanced inputs will just combine the 2 input signals, and are in effect Single ended all the way through the AMP.

But if balanced were really the be all and end all of amplifiers, you wouldn’t see high end ($4k+) amplifiers that are Single ended, and you still do.

What’s the best tube to use? Can’t seem to find what Zeos used

Has anyone here used the new model the ta-10r and compared them. Im looking into purchasing the ta-10r to use with my beyerdynamic dt990 pro 250 ohms. Also is it worth the upgrade from the ta-10 to the ta-10r? Im upgrading from a Soundblasterx g6 which is horrible.