🔷 xDuoo TA-30

I was just going to post this!:slightly_smiling_face:

And they also have the TA-20 and they brought back the most powerful Little Dot (with SE option). They are all in with tubes and hybrids.

Xd-05 (and plus) has a line out for dac purposes

Unfortunately not mon… though I’d love to lol I’ll grab the 03s eventually once I inevitably get an hd650 (which may or may not already be on the way)

1 Like

Hmmm, pretty curious about your thoughts on the 650 lol, getting a full on tube amp is really nice for the 650 (my budget pick is the little dot mk2)

People do seem to love the little dot… same price too… thanks for making my decision harder lol

Thought xduoo because I’m very happy with the xd05

Idk, this seems to be going the more tubey route seeing that it uses a tube Rectifier compared to the LP (maybe the tubes in the LP also rectify using each triode like the Woo Fireflies so maybe it also gives some tubeyness, unlikely though since you’d need two tridoes per channel for balanced). LP has more power balanced but maybe more on the SS side in order to get the balanced output power benefit, so maybe the TA-30 has less power but the tubes are doing more of the legwork on a SET configuration and not as phase splitters (idk of there is some internal balancing though and the tubes are phase splitting, or maybe something SS phase splitting, or maybe it is fully SET, but what seems to be the Power Transformer may be for more tube voltage?).

Idk maybe the TA-30 is supposed to be the more Tube-Like of the two providing higher voltages so the tubes do more of the legwork and the LP is more SS with some tube love but low plate voltages, so the SS side does the actual push. Idk unless one were to compare them there really isn’t a way to truely know their sound signurature. Just my thoughts I guess, kinda curious to see how the tube Rectifier is implemented though.

Oh also besides the power differences, the TA-30 also has BT and a DAC so there’s that too making up for having less power. Idk about the DAC quality though.
Hopefully the amp portion in the TA-30 is comparable, and the price difference isn’t too heavily skewed due to the BT and DAC.

I am posting the review on SubscribeStar and Patreon today. I love it but not without flaws. Volume control is the main issue. 3000mw comes FAST.

1 Like

Interesting, well curious to see your thoughts :+1:

Is this hybrid?

Wrong: It is not a hybrid (see below)

Edit: ta-05, 10 and 20 are hybrids

Edit: ta-30 IS a hybrid (confirmed by xduoo)

Have you heard this one yet nappoler?

Yes, hifigo have sample now from xDuoo official

1 Like

Nice, any thoughts or still listening

Stell listening and will send that sample to good reviewer

2 Likes

Hi, can anyone compare this with ifi idsd micro bl? I am thinking of driving mass drop fostex tr-x00 and shenns HD800s with it. I read somewhere that xduoo filters does not work or changes a sound signature very little. I assume they implemented same filter function in this one as in the previous ones. On the other hand ifis micro bl has this bass boost switch that everyone says works well. I will need to bass boost HD800s (obviously not fostex) and was wondering if this is doable with ta30. It might as well have great lows due to being tube/hybrid amp. Can some help me to decide. It will play rock, metal mostly. Thanks.

I personally haven’t heard this amp yet, but I have used the 800s on lots of different amps including the micro bl. On the micro bl the bass boost was very nice for them, and also the smoother sound helped control the highs a bit, but you did loose some resolution compared to other amps. The thing is that the 800s just works so well with a tube amp that I want to say getting a tube amp is the way to go imo for the 800s. The x00 just slam on the micro bl, pretty awesome pairing for that imo. Also I don’t know if the ta30 is a hybrid or not for sure

1 Like

Thanks M0N, that helps. I guess I will wait for the proper reviews on TA30 and then decide which one I want. Price wise they are very similar. As for xduoo I am not an engineer and know nothing about the tube amp build but this small thing pulls 3W and my stereo amp gets me 8W out of 300b tubes and is just huge and weighs 12 times xduoo thus I assumed it must be hybrid. Anyways thanks for thoughts on ifi.

Yeah I’m not too sure, it could be a hybrid, and if that’s the case it might be worth it to get a nice otl and a dac for the same price, I just think the 800s really sounds the best on tubes. But I can agree tube amps can just be massive lol. Most of the ones I own are crazy heavy. A headphone amp I own with 300b’s weighs around 80 lbs, and my speaker amps are even weightier

Oh wow 80 Lbs, well at least that makes me happy, it means the amp I’m building will be lighter by comparison at ~40 Lbs, maybe 45 Lbs due to the chokes, then again, maybe the 300Bs have Plate Chokes making them even heavier. Mine uses 6080s and equivalents with CCS on the plates of the drivers and on the power tube cathodes, making it substantially lighter, that and the transformer is toroidal and provides 150V only (when rectified it’ll be higher though) with the heater winding being 6.3V for all tubes. I’d imagine the 300Bs are being run with maybe 300V, or higher, and possibly more windings due to the transformer having to heat a 300B and the driver tubes, each at different voltages (Or a separate transformer for heaters and plate voltage).

Idk I thought I was going overboard at 40 Lbs.

Oh also, I’ve heard the Xduoo amp is purely tube, but idk, seems weird that it can produce 3000mw into a 32 ohm load using just 12AU7s. Maybe it’s internally balanced using phase splitters on the RCAs, and uses OT to take the balanced signal back to unbalanced, although it is rather small or maybe it has a particular biasing but idk.
Still I’m curious to see someone open this sucker up and see how it works.