šŸ”¶ XENNS Mangird Tea 2

I use Shanling Q1 DAP or straight out of phone (which does have some quite nice dedicated DAC and 3,5mm port). I donā€™t think they need anything to run them to full potential honestly

2 Likes

Qudelix 5k, XD-05 Bal, Topping NX7, Gryphon (on the way).

Teas only picky about low OI because they hiss easily, but as long as <1ohm u fine. Power is not needed.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give those a try :+1:

For some reason thereā€™s a huge soundstage and separation difference when I switch from my PC/iPad Pro to my iPhone when using my hip dac. The listening experience feels congested and muddy when I play it out from my iPhone for whatever reasonā€¦ but as soon as I switch to either my iPad Pro or PC it opens up completely and everything sounds amazing. At first I thought it had something to do with the iPhoneā€™s amp limiting the power output, but that doesnā€™t make sense since the hip dac is battery poweredā€¦ I also tried using the lightning to usbc camera adapter as some suggested, but results are all the same: congested and muddy with poor technicalities.

Any takes on this?

1 Like

Weird, are you listening from the same streaming service on same quality on both iPhone and PC? If not it is the only differing link in your audio chain and likely cause of problem.
Btw I did not mention initially, but I also have hip dac, but I do not use it with Teas on purpose as they are too sensitive even on low gain and I have some channel ompalance in the very beginning of potentiometer settings. I needed to reduce volume on my laptop for that reason, but it is half-ass solution if you ask me

Edit: are you setting volume on phone on max?

Welcome to source rabbit hole. Will be an expensive one :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Same source and everything. Maybe my phoneā€™s a dud :man_shrugging:

Check up on the volume setting being always max in your source device and use the DAC pot to control it. Other than that I cannot see any potential flaw in your setup, bits are bits

Max volume on my phone. Still sounds congested but louder now :joy:

Itā€™s not too big of a deal since I usually listen with my iPad Pro anyways.

Well, that tuning looks right up my alley! I have yet to find an IEM above $100 that justifies its price, but this may do. Itā€™s ordered, and Iā€™ll find out soon enough!

2 Likes

Any reviews yet guys? x.x

2 Likes

My unit is only just shipping from Linsoul along with the 7Hz Eternal, so it will be a week at least before they show up here.

8 Likes

Canā€™t wait to hear your take on both IEMS.

1 Like

Still waiting as well, so if I had to guess, early next week.

ITā€™S OUT YAā€™LL :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

I need to CATCH this train. Iā€™ve heard so many opinions that itā€™s time I buy the Tea2.
Wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to compare it already?

3 Likes

Only @hawaiibadboy I believe. @nymz might get it soon ish

4 Likes

His was all I had seen so far, and he seemed like it was an improvement ( on his #10 ranked IEM ), thanks to the little bit of extra bass over the MKI. I was just getting into the headspace of $300 for an IEM. $220 is my record, and I have accidentally dunked one in my coffee before.

I am also curious to see where people fall on the value of MKI vs MKII, since they are $299 vs $349.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a set of original Teas and have pulled the plug on the Teas2 from Linsoul. Iā€™ll try to remember to post my experiences when they arrive!

The Teas I have are one of the earlier model that came in a different case and didnā€™t come with the lip at the end of the nozzles to hold the tip in place. The Teas have quite deep nozzles and result is that almost every time I take the IEMs out of my ears the tip comes off and either stays in my ear canal so I have to try picking them out or worse they fall out on to the floor and Iā€™ve always been scared this will happen while out and about and I will lose the tips entirely.

Mangird recognised this was an issue and changed the shape in later iterations, so one improvement iā€™ll notice straight away hopefully is my tips should actually stay on the IEM. The overall shape has changed too and the nozzles arenā€™t as deep, so that should also help.

I found a review of the Tea2 that iā€™ve run through Google Translate if you wanna look at more pics/info (be warned, the translation makes for some funny reading) - https://forum-gamer-com-tw.translate.goog/C.php?bsn=60535&snA=20039&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

3 Likes

Haha Iā€™m gonna start using ā€œcookingā€ from now on instead of burn-inā€¦ ā€œYaā€¦ Iā€™m still cooking my Tea2sā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Itā€™s typically mentioned as ā€œboiling the headphones/earphonesā€ and is somewhat ingrained in the community.