🔶 XENNS Mangird Top

This is the official thread for the XENNS Mangird Top

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Driver Type: 1DD 8BA’s
  • Amp needed: No but better with
  • Cable Type: 6N OCC Copper Single Crystal Silver-plated with swappable 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm terminations

:red_circle: Linsoul Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

1 Like

Frequency Response by Bad Guy Good Audio Reviews

Source

Video Reviews

Text Reviews

audiodiscourse.com (Are they suitable for modern jazz?)
BLOG:Ear-Phone-Review (Objective sound Impression)
MMORPG.com (Some Xenns UP comparisons)
hearingthingz.wordpress.com (Top and Tea 2 Similar???)

also some Japan Reviews:

forum.gamer.com (Xenns Line comparison)
audio-sound-premium.com (What genres is this set perfect for?)

Articles:

by HawaiiBadboy: "First thoughts? best Xenns set not named “UP” “
Mentioned In Twitter

by NYMZ: “The lastest release from XENNS, Mangird Top, has reached the Tea Cult Leader.The review will follow shortly but, as I’ve been spoiling on my forum thread, the Top is already one of my top picks for 2022 and probably my favourite set from Mangird so far.”
Mentioned In Instagram

by NYMZ: “Neutral with a bass boost. Less upper mids intense Variations. Pretty well balanced and nothing stood out so far other than a tiny-mini elevation around 5k.Techs are good, mainly stage, separation and layering. On first passage, I’d say it’s at least competitive and I personaly like it.”
Mentioned In HiFiGuides Forum:

6 Likes

Another review on YouTube: Xenns Mangird Top - Resting on Top of the IEM pile? - Honest Audiophile Impressions - YouTube

2 Likes

headphones.com (Not so rosy with this IEM…)

1 Like

headfonia.com (Thieaudio Oracle MKII vs Xenns Top (spoiler Top better))

1 Like

Interesting info from Headfonia… Top much better treble; Oracle MKII slightly more mid-bass. I would probably still go for Top, between these 2, knowing that info. (Inaccurate mid-bass info, according to Giz and VSG’s graphs, and HBB graph showing about equal mid-bass). The treble graph of Top looks quite clean & controlled, although Zeos’ review says they are extremely relaxed IEMs, sadly :\ (I thought Oracle was very dull & boring) Where is Crin’s graph? :disappointed_relieved: Mangird, pls send me review unit :purple_heart:

Moonlight for me has no bass and enough energy. If you want chill IEMs for work, can take them, if you want relax and enjoy your music maybe Xenns Top) Oracle MKII seems to be way behind :wink: Maybe MKII has too much treble and because they worse then in Top :thinking:

I think Top is midway between variations and monarch mkii…a gem for harman target lovers…

The review of the Top is really all over the place. Some say the treble is too much, while headphones.com says it’s too dark, which is not true at all imo. I’m happy to report the Top is actually very well tuned, if anything it’s actually a little on the bright and exciting side, definitely not dark.

Bass is ever so slightly longer decay but it has very good resolution, was worrying it being too much but it’s actually not too bad. Mids are forward, trebles are extended without obvious peaks.

Vocals are quite close, vocal body hits the nice balance between clarity and thickness, with the extended treble it has good texture and air to them.

I think the only nitpick I have in them is in the imaging. Its lacking a little in depth and 3D in the sound. While the layering is good, the instruments sounds like being placed in the same distance, kinda feels like they are competing with each other.

I have been daily driving the Blessing 2 Dusk so I can only compare it with the Dusk. Their base tuning is actually pretty similar, while the Top has much better clarity in the high frequencies and better resolution in the bass with longer decay. The Dusk however has better imaging at least in the sound stage depth wise.

I feel the Top has sound signature closer to the Dusk than the Variations which many reviewers compare it with. Versus the Top, Variations’ midrange especially vocal is just too distant, and it’s bass is just too prominent while the Top befinitely feels more balanced.

I feel the Top excels in vocals, and string instruments sounds super nice with them. The twangs in strings sounds very realistic, crisp and satisfying.

All in all it’s a keeper, it would be perfect if it’s not so 2 dimensional. This also shows how crazy good value the Dusk is when it holds its own comparing to a set close to double it’s price.

1 Like

The Xenns Top is my third, of the product line. Only the Up left, for the upcoming 11.11 sale

Going from Tea → Tea2 → Top
Each step up was a natural evolution, from the prior set. If you can get the Top (new or used) for anywhere in the low $400’s, I would take 'em over the Aful P8; which has a similar tuning.

Xenns Trifecta

6 Likes

For me, one of the more underated IEM of 2023. This thing is a powerhouse of sound, capable of great layering, detail retrieval, with very good timbre.
The highs are very well done without being arsh, the mids are detailed, organic and feel natural.
And the bass, is a beast when called upon.

2 Likes

:fire:

6 Likes

I also bought both Tea and Tea2, but have been pondering the Top or UP. The UP is darker, and closer to the Tea2 in the treble region, which is appealing to me.

2 Likes

The UP has sick bass. Super duper snappy and fast with a ton of energy. It was an awesome listen - I wish I could have another listen now tbh.

5 Likes

yeah yeah…what dom said… kick drums and toms are very tight on this set…I like the upper registers on the TOP more than the UP… even without the ESTs…the tune agrees with me more for my library so I sold the UP… but I’ll eventually buy them again because they too are quite special to my ears…this company is legit

6 Likes

Agreed, if I had more money, I would already own the two Xenns sets missing from my collection. I have a friend that does that with Thieaudio, which is a far more expensive version of this hobby.

3 Likes

I had the Monarch Mk2 but bought the Mk3 so the former was sent on its way…great set and lost some money but to me the 3 is better…paid the same price initially for both

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. The company actually care on making good IEMs at an affordable price, instead of flooding the market wit slight variations of the same IEM.
I would love to se a multi DD from Xeens.

Anyone knows if they have any rep in this or the on the HF?

4 Likes

Double D… that would definitely agree with me… maybe even in an isobaric configuration… which would be very interesting… you listening Xenns

how moondrop variations compares to mkiii in treble region? mkiii is brighter? Merry Christmas.