🔷 XI Audio Sagra DAC

I apreciate the pinout. Ty.

2 Likes

The system is not designed to be used outside of devices, as such, no connector or pinout is specified. Like @Christof mentioned, there is a convention to do it a certain way via HDMI.

There is not a standard HDMI pinout used but I stead several. Thats why you have PS audio stuff not working with some DDCs. On top of this you can buffered or unbuffered i2s transmission (and IIRC there is even more than one version of unbuffered but the most common is LVDS). Just because a ddc has i2s over hdmi is not even close to a guarantee it will work with a dac that has i2s HDMI input

2 Likes

That is the thing. I2S by spec always writes into a buffer in the form of the latches on the receiver side.

My personal $0.02 on the subject: The moment I2C (or by extension, I2S) leaves a device enclosure, something has gone wrong in the development stage of the product.

anyone know what fuse spec the sagra uses for 220V?

ASR crowd are a bunch of idiots if you ask me. This hobby is about listening and enjoying good hifi. Clearly they prefer arguing and acting like they are audio engineers.

I’m actually surprised that they haven’t yet realised that the goal of every brand, company or product can be different. An engineer can choose to sacrifice THD numbers in order to achieve the sound or design goal of a product. It’s so silly I don’t understand how they can be so stupid.

The Sagra sounds better than many Delta Sigma DACs I’ve heard- that measure far better.