Your Dream Speaker

That deep cone looks like a CNC job, but even then I’m not sure what kind of CNC can go that deep. very cool.

Is it just multiple boards cut, glued together, and then polished/sanded?

Feel free to go check out his forum posts on how he built the speakers, sorry I’m too lazy at the moment to look up the exact info, here are the links over at the Klipsch forums.

1 Like

Even better, the DIY section of htguide.com was a favorite past time of mine.

Edit: found it

You can actually buy the horn kit, it comes in a bunch of pieces. You have to glue it together, and then the fun starts. Sanding and finishing is very hard work, and takes a long time to get right.

fast lane audio. About 300 just for the raw wood kit.

1 Like

There you go, it’s been a long time since i looked those up but you found it all. :+1: At least I remembered about the post in the forums…LOL. Yeah, every time I think about purchasing a pair of Cornwalls or Forte’s I remind myself of that particular pair of speakers and hold my hand back.

1 Like

I really wouldn’t want to spend tens of thousands on speakers…but I’d want something that could reveal the hum off the cello of violin music I’d be listening too. so some eStat or planar, perhaps?

1 Like

Aaaaannnnddd this is where honest to gosh personal preferences come in and as MUCH auditioning as possible of speakers with the genre of music you most enjoy listening to, room considerations, size constraints, signal and source path choices and don’t even get me started on amplification… :crazy_face:

Hahaha, i had to search the picture for a few seconds before i could figure out where the darned speakers were.

1 Like

ooooooo, those are beatuies. Definetly look nice

those are the new generation of Dalek’s aren’t they?

1 Like

what speakers would you say are sublime?

I know the Stellia are an example of what I consider to be sublime for headphones…

Didn’t know of these. They are beautiful.

1 Like