Your Dream Speaker

What’s your dream loudspeaker, without considering price?

I like the Bookshelf + Sub configuration. So I’m set on the Revel Gem2 or JBL 4429.

I use 2x JBL 530. I need a sub still, despite having had the pair for several years. I can’t afford a sub for the time being, let alone those speakers. I’m going for a 15" woofer sub.

Powered:
Genelec 1236A SAM™ + dual 7382 SAM™

Passive:
MBL 101 X-Treme speaker system + them amps.

I haven’t heard them yet, but both KEF Blade and Reference series are pretty damn sexy.

I have coveted the 800 series B&Ws for decades.
https://www.bowerswilkins.com/home-audio/800-d3

1 Like

i don’t know, dosen’t the design look kind of weird? the tweeter looks like a microphone

Tweeters don’t really benefit from an enclosure, so all it really has to do is point them on the right direction.

1 Like

i would like a little hood for my tip lol. looks weird just out there

I don’t really care what they look like (but I do like their design), I just love the way they sound. Besides, here is what they are based on if you think the 800s look weird:

2 Likes

whoa i can actually get behind these, these are DOPE looking speakers

and yeah, if it’s the sound you dig that makes sense. can’t even imagine how good they are

These are $60,000 a pair though. Prolly not happenin. :grinning:

1 Like

After a certain price point yo know things are going to be good, so what you’re actually buying is exclusivity and status. These look pretty badass.

https://www.avantgarde-acoustic.de/en/products/zero-serie/zero-1-xd.html

1 Like

lol, maybe we can pitch in half and half

these look nice, but i’m not too into the minimalistic look. plus when you spend big bucks you want something that looks like a monster

Sounds good! I will start collecting my pennies

1 Like

Why is it that high end speakers are always presented in the worst possible acoustic listening environments… and without a wire connected. :slight_smile:

it’s funny looking at these, and being in the dream speaker thread while having MICCA RB42s lol. so small

i think i can gather my end within 40 years or so

1 Like

Hopefully not a dream, but a goal. A pair of refurbished NS1000 by Kenrick Sound from Japan.

These bitches are like 2000$ local over here, last time Kenrick had them in stock they were either 6000 or 9000. But he does more than just paint them pretty.

2 Likes

I want to build a pair of Cornscala speakers similar to these. I find them beautiful, and would love to have something this gorgeous, maybe a slightly different stain, in my home.

2 Likes