Your Favorite Misheard Lyrics 😆

Hello,

Very newbie Audiophile here and my first post. :smile:

My off-topic question for you all is what are some of your favorite misheard lyrics that you’ve heard lately?

I look forward to your replies.

1 Like

When I was a kid in the early 70s, I thought the chorus to “Smoke on the Water” was “Old Cousin Walter.”

Yep, I used to walk around my house at age 7 or 8 singing, “Ollllld … Cousin Walter … a fire in the sky.” :slight_smile:

In 1985, my mother sang the chorus of “Pride (In the Name of Love)” by U2 as, “In the neighborhood, one more in the neighborhood.” Truth. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not a funny one but one that works very well:

“I want a field of ocean”

This…

1 Like

1 Like

Kiss’ Rock and Roll All Nite, the lyric “I want to rock and roll all night and party everyday” as a kid I thought is was “I want to rock and roll all night and part of every day.”

There are many others but this one stands I instantly recollect that every time I hear the song.

This isn’t really a misheard lyric so much as a lyric I assumed was coming and thought sounded better.

In David Mason’s ‘Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?’ he sings “Will my heart be broken, when the night meets the morning sun?”

I thought he was going to sing “When the night meets the morning sorrow”. It made for a nice metric pattern with “Will you still love me tomorrow” and it has some extra meaning (the inevitable letdown after a night of passion) rather than just a long-winded way of saying morning.

“Banana Tiger, banana tiger”

The song “Steel For Humans” from the Witcher 3 soundtrack is now officially ruined for me due to a comment that points out banana tiger, even though it wasn’t the original words meant to be sang by Percival. Nowadays, I cannot take the song seriously anymore for it is pretty much ruined for every time this plays in the game, I cannot help but laugh or crack a smile.

Twisted Sisters having fun.

Huevos con aceite, y limooon!
(Translates to “eggs with oil, and lemon”).

2 Likes

Jimmy Hendrix;

‘Scuse me, while I kiss this guy…