Your Favorite Quote

I made this thread, so people can put their favorite quotes here.

Here are my favorite quotes:

“You can’t fix stupid. There’s not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.” - Ron White

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider.” - George Carlin

“There are essentially only two drugs that western civilization tolerates: caffeine from Monday to Friday to energize you enough to make you a productive member of society, and alcohol from Friday to Monday to keep you too stupid to figure out the prison that you are living in.” - Bill Hicks

“If I offend anybody tonight, I apologize. That’s not my intention. I’m not going to guess what your personal line of decency is; I cross my own from time to time. It’s how I know I still have one.” - Daniel Tosh

3 Likes

“Form is temporary; class is permanent.”

I see said the blind man, pissing into the wind, it’s call coming back to me now.

Not sure what it says about me personally, but I’ve always been fond of this one:

“Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can’t help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime: the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.” - Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough For Love

3 Likes

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
I read a lot about this person and I want to write essay about his life. I found college application essay writing service at https://www.customwritings.com/college-essay.html to help with my writings.They always help me with my writings. Their professional writers helped me with grammar and plagiarism check. Luckily they have affordable prices. So I think it’s ok to hire professionals from time to time.

No problem can be solved by the same level of consciousness
That created it.
Albert Einstein

2 Likes

Anna Quindlen says, “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home”

2 Likes

@algold Welcome to HFG. My daughters and I would agree with that quote.
Carl Sagan once said, while in a huge library, “The trick is to know Which
books to read.”

The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting different results -Albert Einstein

I actually have that quote hanging in my office at work…I swear that it is fitting for a few of the people that I work with…

2 Likes

I don’t know about favorite, but this one is a top-10 with a bullet for sure.

“I’m increasingly inclined to think that there should be some regulatory oversight, maybe at the national and international level, just to make sure that we don’t do something very foolish. I mean with artificial intelligence we’re summoning the demon.” —Elon Musk warned at MIT’s AeroAstro Centennial Symposium

1 Like

Another one I like:

“Have … a … good … time … all the time. That’s my philosophy, Marty.” – Keyboard player Viv Savage to filmmaker Marty DiBergi, “This Is Spinal Tap”

1 Like

I may not always be right…but I’m never wrong. - a wise man before getting slapped upside the head by a woman.

1 Like

The highest form of bliss is living with a certain degree of folly.

-Erasmus from Rotterdam-

This sounds familiar…I may of lived this quote out once or twice :rofl:

1 Like

No replacement for displacement…Some petrolhead

2 Likes

I have a shirt that says this very thing, LoL! :smiley:

and another…

In my defense, I was left unattended - unknown dead man.

1 Like

One of my favorite bumper stickers read “Yes, but not with you.”

1 Like

Two favorite bumper stickers I saw when I used to cover dirt-track auto racing for a daily newspaper, among other duties:

“Dirt’s for racin’ – asphalt’s for getting there”

“If there ain’t dirt in your beer, it ain’t racin’”

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

"Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” Christopher Robin. I’m writing research proposal about the importance and significance of famous books in literature. Luckily I found research proposal helper to proofread my research and make sure it is well-structured and coherent. Writing a research about famous books can be an exciting endeavor.

Because I Said So! - Angry Man

1 Like