Your Top 5 IEMs right now that you are using?

THOR Mjölnir MKII
Penon 10th
ISN Neo5
Truthear Red
Juzears Flame

5 Likes

The Mjolnir mk2’s are great! Definitely underrated and underappreciated. The bass is rich and deep. The vocals and treble are surprisingly good. Where’s your vid for that set!

I wonder if they’re gonna come out with a mk3 soon!?!?

3 Likes

I didn’t make one becuase i tuned it differently from stock and knocked down the pinna gain. Love that set .
Also because you cant buy one.

I would love to a MKIII be interesting to get ahold of the guy who makes theese.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the look but love the MK2 sound
it’s extremely sensitive though I can hear relays clicking when changing volume lol

new IEM order after getting the P1 Max. Spoiler, the P1 Max is almost neck and neck with the EJ07M for me.

1. EJ07M
  2. P1 Max
  3. IE600
  4. Legato
  5. N/A
9 Likes

hello
i was wondering as to why you would be keeping Hexa in the same league as to the above 2 choices. What exactly hexa provides you that the the top 2 does not?

Hexas number 4, the top one is the meteor

Yeah pretty much.

I really like meteor but it’s an exciting sound, that once every two hours will sound a little off for me. The dunu sa6 MK2 sounds good, but better with EQ. I find the Aful 8 surprisingly holds its own with the other two. Again, 95% of my listening time is done with these three iems.

The Hexa is mainly a benchmark, but I do find it slightly lean. It’s just a good value at the 62 I paid for it. The red, is eh… it sounds good, but dynamics and resolution aren’t as good as others. Definitely not my favorite 5 iems, just the ones that I keep around for various reasons and use. :slight_smile:

Current rotation as follows:

1. Subtonic Storm
  2. Shortbus Glamdring
  3. Symphonium x Elise Audio Helios SE
    Everything else is either on loan or just not getting ear time with as busy as I am, however I think the above 3 could fulfill everything I want though. Storm is an all-around killer, Glamdring is a warm-neutral beast with sick bass and great details while not getting harsh and Helios SE is a detail and immersion monster with a midbass dip, fantastic for vocals and fights with Storm for my favorite treble ever.
6 Likes

thank you so much. For the first time someone to clarify the differences so succinctly.
Thank you.
regards.

Wow, Glamdring in the mix!?
I was tempted to get one but I just bought Vulkan.

2 Likes

I have yet to hear the Vulkan but I bet that’s a killer unit, too. I got in on the first batch of Glamdrings largely just because I wanted to support Michael, and man, he knocked it out of the park IMO. Even if you don’t end up with one, keep an eye on his future projects!

5 Likes

I really like how it graphs.
Will keep an eye on it?

3 Likes

It’s a pick ’n mix tbh (set and source) but mostly from this Tupperware…

6 Likes

I think this would be the ranking from most eartime over the last weeks.

1 AuR Audio Aurora

2 AuR Audio Neon Pro

3 ISN Neo 5

4 Tangzu Wan Er S.G Jade

5 Simgot EA500

13 Likes

No Serial? Noooooooo!

Also surprised to see the Jade among these!

I got them last week and tried them quite much, found them quite nice with some K-Pop and also smooth jazz. This list always get influenced by what I’m about to write about.

In top five favourites I own, Serial still stays :star_struck:

3 Likes

Alright, my final list is almost done, and getting shaped like I visioned.

No specific other:

1. U12t (Both home and out)
  2. Helios SE (Home)
  3. Elysian Gaea (Both, but mainly at home)
  4. Supernova (This is the main EDC)
  5. Mest Mk2 (Out or moving around, for that sweet techno)

I still wanna add a specific single DD to the mix, but something has to go out of so. But most importantly, every set does something very distinct and it’s close to top of the class (personally) in that function.

Funny how I could scratch all the above with Serratus + Ripples + Zero Red combo (isolation). Still cheaper than Supernova. :smiling_face_with_tear:

12 Likes

Fatfreq Grand Maestro

Subtonic STORM

Unique Melody Multiverse

Goldplanar AMT

Rudhra Brahmastra

17 Likes

Going to preface this by saying I’m more into headphones so I don’t have the extensive collection most here do.

1. EA500 - #1 General purpose set that basically does everything. This spot used to belong to the OG Olina with tanya filters… but I haven’t used mine in far too long.
  2. QKZxHBB - I just love the warmth of it, it’s such a chill set that eats up so much time despite having access to more technically capable gear. Someone needs to make a version with a better driver before I get tempted to fork out money for a Fatfreq, please. :wink:
  3. 7hz Legato - Big dirty house party/club level bass that is so fun when I’m in the right mood. I bought it to try to improve on the QKZxHBB but it ended up competing with Rikubuds GB2s for time in my ears listening to bassier stuff. Treble was just too recessed and safely tuned to keep me away from the HBBs
  4. S12 - Obligatory planar for busy metal/electronic music. Probably wouldn’t be on this list, but TS400 foams gave me the fit I’d been looking for without cratering the treble. Has 0 chill, doesn’t care.
  5. CCA CRA - Modded with 500 mesh and Sony foam they sit on some KZ bluetooth earhooks for working out. Sound great for the stuff I typically listen to when exercising. Perfect set for not caring whether they live or die.
13 Likes