Your Top 5 IEMs right now that you are using?

Can’t wait for my TSMR X to arrive. The OH700VB sound like a lovely, more mid-forward, contrast to it. Definitely on my radar.

1 Like

But Penon is V shape, didn’t find mid forwardness there.

Late to the Party

No 1 Penon 10th Anniversary
No 2 TSMR X
No 3 ISN H40
No 4 IMR 2023 BC
No 5 LZ A7

I have no way of affording the £1000 plus IEMs :wink:

5 Likes
  1. Variations - It’s like magical, went from being whatever to just amazing, if the mids weren’t scooped I’d probably call it here
  2. Xenns Up - amazing slam it’s just so fun and warm
  3. Plutus Beast - still on probationary period, it’s got amazing bass along with fun musicality but I’d want more treble for it since I like sparklies
  4. Zero Red - I like it enough but honestly I enjoyed the OGs more
  5. Chu - Amazing treble for the price, I could call it endgame but it doesn’t have any semblance of sub and mid bass along or soundstage

got a Project M upcoming, if it’s good enough I might sell my Xenns Up and Variations but we shall see

8 Likes

What sell the UP’s thats crazy speak!

1 Like

Low chance it happens lol, so I’m pretty sure they’re safe

Edition XS is on the chopping block though, that and I’m also trying to figure out if they’d do a check up on my UP and maybe replace the faceplate since it’s yellowed

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately Xenns not well known for QC performance and longevity.

I have 2 sets of up with one left with bad channel imbalance.

But I love it so much i bought the second set.

2 Likes

I oughta check mine but for now I think it’s still good sonically, just a great IEM, it’s basically tied with my Variations but I don’t have another IEM to add on the list yet lol

1. Dunu Mirai - 9.4/10
  2. Symphonium Helios SE - 9.1/10
  3. Thieaudio Monarch MK3 - 8.9/10
  4. Oriveti OH700VB - 8.2/10
  5. Penon Quattro - 6.0/10

I have the Hisenior Mega5EST on the way, I’ll see where that slots in.

9 Likes

Hey does that Helios SE have a pressure vent? So I know whether to be sad that I don’t own one.

2 Likes

It doesn’t, no.

It’s not too bad but it is noticeable. It’s significantly reduced using Divinus Velvets.

4 Likes

As @Dan_X said, there is no vent. That being said, I personally have never had any pressure buildup with them so it will depend on your ear anatomy and the tips used.

3 Likes

I don’t feel as bad then, for some reason I’m immune to being sick but a small amount of ear pressure and I get a crazy migraine

hopefully they release a set with pressure vents at some point, fingers crossed I got money by then

2 Likes

I believe Simphonium said that they were showing off a new model at CanJam, might be a vented one!

3 Likes

everything cool happening in canjam, I’ll remember my mistake of spending so much money I can’t make it to canjam lol

3 Likes

You can buy on Penonaudio.com.

1 Like

Favourites in my collection been scrambled a lot lately, in no ranking top 5 would be something like this:

• 634ears Miroak-II Cocobolo - Organic and warm sounding, just very musical and fun.
  • AüR Audio Ascension - W shaped and natural sound, in a way quite mature sounding.
  • TIMSOK TS-316 - Energetic U shaped sound, clear and open with impressive sub bass depth.
  • Campfire Bonneville - V shaped with lush and punchy low end, with detailed crisp highs. Huuuge soundstage.
  • Hisenior Mega5EST - A balanced sound with low end warmth, perhaps my most neutral IEM.

11 Likes

I’m really looking forward to someone finaly posting FR graph of Ascension.

2 Likes

I was close to trading my Xenns UP for the Ascension + dosh, I ended up having cold feet and took a picture that made the yellowing on my UP’s acrylic much much worse.

I am interested still on Ascension, maybe someday

2 Likes

I’m loving several iems recently. These have been bringing me the most joy lately (no particular order):

• Oriolus Szalayi
  • Aüre Ascension
  • EE Odin
  • 7th Acoustics Supernova
  • Symphonium Helios SE
  • Sennheiser IE600 (my trusty workhorse)
9 Likes