Your Top 5 IEMs right now that you are using?

Hey,
I know you’d be doing a proper review of this gear, but if you could write couple of words how does the microSD control from Eddict player look like from usability perspective? Is the BT connection stable? Is the app working correctly? Is browsing of the songs on the sd intuitive and based on ID Tags?

This video sums it up quite nicely - it might not answer all the questions you asked, but definitely gives some insight.

2 Likes

The micro SD card is easy to access through the Edict app which is rock solid best use is using folder access. It’s limited if you want to use shuffle as it only shuffles in single folder. You can swipe between apps on your phone and connection and player access stays active. I like the fact you can keep the H2 in your pocket and have complete access to volume and settings on the H2 via phone. It’s diminutive form factor is fantastic easliy slides in pant pocket. I own the H5 which is smaller than the H7 but still too big to slip in a pocket plus the H2 has below 1ohm impedance so sensitive iems are catered for unlike the 6 ohm H5

I’m not a blue tooth guy but will be testing for the review

3 Likes

Nice list!

1 Like

Thank you a lot, that was very helpful. On the other hand is there any options for playback control without a phone?

1 Like

Yes but it’s play from first folder via control wheels plus next track via wheel but that’s it

For 2024, I have to do a revision again when it comes to the IEMs I have been using lately. Not ranked in a particular order in terms of use.

1. Simgot EA500
  2. Simgot EM6L
  3. Ziigaat Nuo
  4. Tangzu x HBB Wu Zetian Heydays
  5. Truthear Hola

The most surprising of my top 5 would be the Ziigaat Nuo, for despite being a beater set just like my Holas, I find myself using it very often even though I know that the Simgot EM6L is much more impressive when it comes to the technicalities. Man there are some IEMs and Headphones, that I no longer use and I am contemplating on selling some of them, including my DT880 Pro 250 Ohms ver. for I haven’t been using them a lot lately.

6 Likes

You’ve peaked my interest. What are the just good/ok sets taking up precious drawer space?

OK remember it’s my opinion… And we know how prolific they are… My draw contains the following iems that are ok/good enough just not enough to want to pick them up again
Muse Hifi East 6
Simgot EA500
Simgot ew200
Dunu Kima
Juzear clear
Tangzu Fudu
Senhiesiser ie200
Nicehck F1
Edit: removed the ARTTI R1 as after following suggestions in cable and tip selections I’ve re-evaluated and appreciate it’s positives

3 Likes

Surprised the EA500 is on the list. I’m pleased with it’s signature and SQ with red nozzle, tape mod and narrow bore tips, priciest one in my stable.
Heard only good things about the ARTTI R1, glad you found mods to enjoy. (Triple DD’s who would have guessed, I thought double D’s were enough lol)

2 Likes

It’s not a bad iem by any means just I have many iems with the same sound signature that I reach for first. I was implying that the hobby is producing many iems that sound the same.

2 Likes

True that, seems I’m always, like so many, in pursuit of the next best thing. I’ve decided to put a pause on purchases even though I’m tempted. I’ve a sub $100 variety IEM stable with different sounds, it’s time for me to be content, use them all and enjoy the music.

5 Likes

Hi, everybody!

Of more or less internationally presented at the moment, mine are:
Penon Turbo - versatile tunings, technically capable, surprisingly convenient both in terms of sound signature and use
Thieaudio Oracle - smoooth all-rounder, wide soundsage, lots of air, flatish response
Sound Rhyme DTE500 (so as XENNS UP) - beefier and spicier version of the Oracle
Night Oblivion Butastur - worthy all-rounder with solid tuning and technicalities
Hisenior T4 - warm, smooth and comfortable, more budget friendly.

2023 was great in terms of new discoveries.

10 Likes

Man I wish I can even get a Penon brand IEM here for I have heard a lot of good things about them, particularly the Penon Serial, yet for some reason it’s not available in my country. Gotta have to wait for the EA500LM for apparently, those are better than the EA1000 which is originally the next target for my IEM collection, also right now Simgot has been killing it and a reason why they have been my go to IEM brand for use.

Nice collection! Maybe you should take the year off buying new gear and just wallow in the music.

2 Likes

Here is my updated top 5:

1. Vulkan
  2. Azul
  3. Sony A3 - straight up replaced Quartet for me. Better quality bass and better timbre.
  4. HeartMirror Pro - a bit generic tuning but a good upgrade HM Zero. Good bass and wide soundstage makes for an amazing EDC beater
  5. Hi-Fri Aphex - upgrade from Timeless with better timbre. Mild V shape tonality with great treble and upper treble is perfectly balanced. Vocals are not star of show but for $75 it absolutely kills every other IEM in terms of details and resolution. Soundstage is a bit narrow and fit is challenging.
7 Likes

One: Pula PA02
Two: Canpur Joyful 1&1
Three: Simgot EA500 (Modded)
Four: Tin Hifi T3+
Five: Tin HiFi T2+

4 Likes

1a. GL-AMT16 (6.0/4.4)*
2a. MP145 (Red Nozzle)*
2b. Simgot EA500LM (Gold Nozzle (R))*
2c. 7hz Legato* **
3. Aurvana Ace 2

So 8SL on the UTWS5 still gets love, but I got my hands back on the Ace 2 since pairing/squealing issues started coming up for the relative I gifted them to (luckily I had another gift just in case.) After doing some tip rolling, I’m starting to see why Airpods are so comfortable/convenient. It’s like that Stupid Sexy Flanders bit from the Simpsons where Ned goes, “I’m wearing nothing at all!”.

Triple #2 is due to the Simgot no longer playing second (perhaps third) fiddle to the higher tier sets. After some tip rolling, I hear why the LM is stated to have a better driver. All in modded form, LM has the best bass snap/feel, MP145 has the best detail, and Legato has the best quantity, all of them complimenting each other really nicely.

I’ve included my ranking list for all the IEMs I’ve used in stock configuration (minus the new ones mentioned here.) For the new entry, I’d place the LM at #8 just under the FHE. LM is a touch bright stock, but really trade blows with the FHE for subjective enjoyment, going off of memory.

5 Likes

I am expecting my top 5 to be very different in over the next month. There have been some bangers lately. Kailua, Olina, Tea and Tea2 are my goto sets, with Castor bass being my budget pick lately

Artti R1 - A warm leaning 3DD 2-Titanium Dome + 1-Beryllium-Plated that is probably my current favorite under $100
EA500LM - It seems similar but a bit brighter than Olina SE. My guess is I will use this as an excuse to mod my OG EA500

On the way
ZiiGaat Doscinco - an isobaric bass set that I am really looking forward to
Shozy Form 1.1 - this has some interesting mid-bass
Artti R2 - looks similar to the EA500, but at $50. I liked the R1 and blind bought it.

6 Likes

My top 5 in 2024 are as follows

1.Tansoi Mira X I can’t take these beauties out of my ears just brilliant bass

1. The Oriveti OH700VB the smoothest most musically satisfying playback

2. The Sonic Memory SW2 one of the most unique and suprising DD I own staging and details like a hybrid

3. Fiio FH9 Just top class that plays way above it’s price.

4. Penon 10th Anniversary It took a while for me to get into it to this Call It brain burn I really appreciate it’s too thick mids forward playback.

8 Likes